Introducing Mark - a new member of the Talking Point team

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to let you all know that we have a new face on the Talking Point staff team!

Mark has joined us, as our new Online Community Coordinator. Mark will be working alongside Harriet and me, and our two fantastic teams of volunteers, to make sure that Talking Point remains a safe and supportive place for people with dementia and their carers.

Mark: it's brilliant to have you on board, and I hope you really enjoy your new job!

Please join me in welcoming Mark. If you'd like to say Hi, you're very welcome to do so below:)

attachment.php

Mark_W

Sep 28, 2015
London
Thanks for the welcome Serena :).*waves* Hello all. I'm really happy to be joining the Talking Point team and helping to make sure it stays a safe and supportive place, while continuing to grow and thrive.

My background is that I've worked in online communities for almost 10 years now, most recently helping to set up Marie Curie's online community last year. Where I was reminded just how powerful the support that people give each other online can be, through the most difficult of times.

In the last few weeks I've seen just how important Talking Point is to people all over the world. And I've seen people helped from the deep well of understanding and empathy that you have here. I've always believed that online communities can help make the world a better place and Talking Point is living proof of that.

I'm looking forward to learning more about dementia from you all and giving you support behind the scenes when you need it.

Take Care

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome Mark. I hope you`ll soon feel at home here.

Attachments

• Welcome-Sign.jpg
    Welcome-Sign.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 810

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max69