Internet Dating, Caring for Dementia RANT - belly laughs promised

sweetmole

Sep 8, 2012
Looking back I just cannot believe I was so naive! I wish I could post a picture of these shoes. I mean he had it all figured out right? I will say I am a banker, that I want to buy my mum £1500 shoes. I was like wow, that is so nice. Miss Gullible or what? LOL

I bet he has a story for every rebuff.

Hats off to you Gringo for being able to laugh and do the same for others?

Sweetmole- way too much weirdness going on there,but hope you enjoy the image of the shoes and dressing gown!

sweetmole

Sep 8, 2012
Oh and the guy that led me to starting this thread in the first place keeps sending me emails trying to justify his comments no doubt.

One was titled "Get a life at 48".

Don't worry peeps I just hit the delete button.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Anyway, then he wanted me to help him choose some red shoes for his mum from a super designer, Christian Louboutin. So there I was saying oh that's a nice pair (£1500 WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!). But he was a banker.

I think you may have made a spelling mistake there somewhere. ;):D:D

I think you made a lucky escape. The rule is if they sound too good to be true they usually are.

sweetmole

Sep 8, 2012
NO no the shoes were actually £1695!!!!!!!!!!! Ridic right? That is how much some silly designer footwear is. I went on the website. The idea was to make me think he was super generous. Super fool more like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the kimono was £495. Double ridic!!!!!!

I think you may have made a spelling mistake there somewhere. ;):D:D

I think you made a lucky escape. The rule is if they sound too good to be true they usually are.

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
Personally I think you made a mistake, should have arranged a date with him, preferably a dark, romantic restaurant. Then find that mum has chucked a plate too many and have to back out, send a substitute - I am sure Gringo could look quite fetching in a red silk dressing gown and £1,500 Laboutines!!! Does Chanel do a designer zimmer frame to hold Gringo up on the heels or were they pumps?

How do we know what Mr Banker (I thought that was what you typed or did you mis-spell?) was really what he said, maybe he was a tad older, I wonder what Mrs Banker might have thought, never mind, she might have preferred a more mature man in a red silk dressing gown :D

sweetmole

Sep 8, 2012
Oh believe you me the thought did cross my mind. If the opportunity ever arises I will do it just for Gringo hahahahahah!

Mmmm designer zimmer frames. A gap in the market perhaps? Good business opoportunity me thinks?

I think I'm going to wind Mr Unkind Email up and say I would like to meet him and not turn up. I like the mum has chucked a plate too many, heehee

Personally I think you made a mistake, should have arranged a date with him, preferably a dark, romantic restaurant. Then find that mum has chucked a plate too many and have to back out, send a substitute - I am sure Gringo could look quite fetching in a red silk dressing gown and £1,500 Laboutines!!! Does Chanel do a designer zimmer frame to hold Gringo up on the heels or were they pumps?

How do we know what Mr Banker (I thought that was what you typed or did you mis-spell?) was really what he said, maybe he was a tad older, I wonder what Mrs Banker might have thought, never mind, she might have preferred a more mature man in a red silk dressing gown :D

carpe diem

Nov 16, 2011
Bristol
Hi sweetmole, I met OH online we got married 3 years ago today!!
I know lots of people who have used internet dating sites with varying success.
I would say all texts and email can be very ambiguous and I would always advise someone to facetime or skype lots of times before meeting in person.
Try not to give the impression you are vulnerable.
Remember you could be talking to anyone and the animosity of all exchanges online often means things are acceptable which would not be normally.
You are in cyber space not the real world.
But it can be great fun, just enjoy it without getting serious until you are confident and sure about who you are talking to.
Don't let some fool put you off there are loads out there, just move onto the next, and you can have many more than one "friend" at a time.:D

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
Caution in this one, don't want this one turning up on the doorstep, in the message you put on here he used spelling 'mom', was this the spelling he actually used? American spelling.

I've been laughing all evening about the seductive devil in red silk dressing gown going into the dark restaurant, Mr Sleazeball leans forward, confident of the kill and working out how much dosh he can extract. As the eyes lock, he learns forward 'Oh my sweet, you are so beautiful', the coy dinner partner adjusts the spectacular hair piece that is threatening to engulf the face. The reply, in husky deep baratone "ello darlin', come 'ere often?" :eek:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
You're all mad. That's funny mad! I met my husband through the classified adverts. He was the only one I answered. That was 20 years ago before internet dating. I loved him from the beginning. (Luckily he thought the same about me). Despite everything I don't regret it for a moment. We've had some real laughs and adventures.

I will be laughing all night!

Lyn T

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
What has always put me off was something that happened very many years ago, I went to a leisure centre to meet friends who were attending a Cayleigh (can't spell the word, sorry), expected jeans and denim/check shirt types.

what happened as I walked in was the wall was lined by blokes who wore the kind of suits that made me cringe in the workplace let alone in a social environment. A slimey looking individual detached himself and his silver suit from the wall, slithered over and said "Well hallo, come here often". I didn't know I could do a 4 minute mile, found out afterwards there was a singles night on at the same time.

Luckily I found the people I was looking for, thankfully they were predictably jeans and checked shirt types.

sweetmole

Sep 8, 2012
Oh gosh I am laughing so much. I love that you all shared your stories with me tonite. I have not been put off internet dating, far from it.

I am pleased that my gut instinct is working very well. There was just something about Mr Unkind aka MOM. Yes he grew up in California. He's been sending more psychobabble to me. Take action now, procrastination is evil. Blah blah. Oh yeah just dump my mum and carry on.

I have really got under his skin now with my short response.

Last email he sent me:
traits of character lacking

1. Decisiveness - procrastination is evil
2. Self-Reliance - be responsible, take control of your life, put your foot down ( can someone explain how I should have put my foot down when I was wiping my lovely mum's bot bot every 2 hrs for 6 days????????????)
3. Honesty in actions - back your words up with actions, become a leader, even at home

Leadership at home. Hmmmmmm. I studied at a world class university in Boston USA. We studied many leadership courses. None on when a parent gets dementia!!!!!!!!!!!

But I must share one wickedly devilish act before I go.

I sent him a note saying yes, you are absolutely right. I will call you later. My life must begin now.

With that I expect to see my Inbox blow up with more and more frustration.

I'm glad I didn't overreact and use all kinds of unclassy expletives on him.

TP you have taught me a new lesson. Even in my darkness, I have grown as a person in a couple of days.

I hope my stories made you laugh.

As I write this message I have 4 unread emails sitting in my Inbox from him.

Happy New Year to you all.

ps one thing Mr Unkind did not know. I went into hospital last June. For day procedure. I nearly died as drs had no idea what was wrong.

I got an infection and went into sepsis. They had to do major surgery on a Saturday night. We all know operations on a weekend rarely take place.

Had a laparotomy. Took me good 4 months to recover. Then mum went into hospital in October. Mmmmm, take responsibility?

When I came home mum wanted to help. She would say what do you want for breakfast and I would say cornflakes. Then she would get agitated and not know what cornflakes were. In the end I had to look after myself that's why it took long for my recovery. Ain't no one gonna tell me to grow a pair and take a stand. LOL LOL LOL

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Banker? Are you sure he got the 1st letter of that word correct! Sounds to me like he didnt! Pmsl

Big hugs, you really don't need an insensitive wan, I mean banker in your life.

Sharon
X

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
3. Honesty in actions - back your words up with actions,

Does that mean when you tell Mr 'Anka to "Shove off" you match it with an actual shove, (preferably with a 10ft barge pole)?

Lin x

sweetmole

Sep 8, 2012
To those that have been following my mad stories. You will understand my new profile picture! These are the exact red shoes that Mr Banker said he wanted to buy his mum. Was I gullible or what?

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
I have a mind picture of his mother, it looks rather like Kenny Everitt when he dressed as a woman, can't remember the character's name - 'In the the best POSSIBLE taste' :D

Remind me of the characters's name, please, someone.

Could Mr *anker look like Sid Snot aka Kenny? Or am I being nasty to the memory of Kenny?