Interaction with young children

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by Macca, Oct 27, 2005.

1. jc141265

jc141265 Registered User

Sep 16, 2005
    Australia
    Obsession, a damn good coping technique I believe. ;)

2. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Bruce
    of course I don't think you were being picky (can't find that word in my dictionary anyway)
    Whatever you say and do is done with the best intentions and trying to help.
    Best wishes
    Norman :D

3. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Heather-R

Thank you SO much for giving us an insight into what AD can be like "from the inside". You may have no idea how much you have helped others trying to cope and understand. I read your post with tears in my eyes.

Best wishes

4. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Some Good News For You

Dear Connie, Congratulations of the news of a Grandchild. You will find that it will be also a very joyous occassion for you. I always remember from my childhood my Grandparents , Aunts and Uncles as I was the 1st. of my generation , them saying we have been blessed. Now I am blessed with 6 grandchildren and although we are going through this herrendous illness, the children still show their Grandfather love. Tonight the 7 & 11 year old are sleeping over. Cian (7) since the age of 3 was always told Grandad had a poorly brain. What came as a shock tonight was when he said my Grandad is never coming home is he Nanny? I have always been truthful and said no. They have so many memories and photos around and tonight it was do you remember when Grandad did this and Grandad do that relating to the "odd things" they do at times. When I replied yes, Cian said Grandad couldn't help it Nanny because he has Alzheimers. But he is still Grandad and we love him.
    Best wishes. Christine

5. jackie1

jackie1 Registered User

Jun 6, 2007
    Cheshire
    Hi, I wish I could say it will get better the more time they spend with your mum but sadly it wont.

John finds is so very hard (we have 2 young boys 7 & 9) and obviously they are around all the time. We have reached the stage now where we're about to get the garage converted to a room so that he has somewhere he can go to get peace. That is when I'm not in there hiding from all 3 of them :D