injured

connieonny

Feb 9, 2010
uk
Just a quick query, if anyone can help. MiL has not settled really in her Emi placement, very up and down in every way. We feel a little uneasy because she has recently been injured by another resident, out of view of staff. I know they can't watch all residents all the time, but are they truly watching out for her if she can sustain such injuries? Should they not protect her from harm? Or is this bound to happen?

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello
Sorry to hear your MiL has been injured
I hope not badly and that she recovers quickly .

IMO , their should always be a member of staff in the lounges

connieonny

Feb 9, 2010
uk
Residents are allowed to go walkabout, quite rightly, so this happened walking around, out of the lounges.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Do staff know who injured her, or (if nobody saw it happen) do they suspect anyone who is habitually 'difficult'?

What sort of injury is it, if you don't mind my asking?

cobden28

Jan 31, 2012
Surely the other person involved, the one who inflicted the injuries, should be closely supervised in future :( ? If this was my relative, I'd be most concerned
!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
IMO , their should always be a member of staff in the lounges
This isn't always possible.
Reisdents who are in bed for a lot of the time will need care and usually 2 carers to handle, hoist etc.
Residents who are mobile will not remain in the lounge so could require monitoring.
In my husband's nursing home, the carers were on the go all the time, here, there amd everywhere!

That doesn't mean that the staff should not keep a closer eye on the attacker in this case though.