Inhome Camera

carole southern

Oct 30, 2017
Hi, I wonder if anyone has experience of setting up or using any particular products for inhome cameras?
Which can be used remotely?
Many thanks

Hellyg

Nov 18, 2014
Midlands
I use Nest cameras, you can view on your phone and a good picture. You can if you want to talk through them as well, although I would only use that feature in an emergency. Also have the thermostat so I can make sure heat is on, and you can get smoke/carbon monoxide alarms which all work through the same app.

SandyC

Aug 5, 2017
I’d be interested in that too. I recently left an iPhone in my mum’s flat and left an app running which tracks sleep patterns. My mum used to get up about 4 times a night and now she says she doesn’t, and she was right. She also said someone tries to get in her flat door and it turns out she was right again as another resident regularly thinks it’s his flat. However, in earlier this year she said an agency carer took her watch! The watch is missing but because she has dementia, it’s hard to peruse!

carole southern

Oct 30, 2017
I use Nest cameras, you can view on your phone and a good picture. You can if you want to talk through them as well, although I would only use that feature in an emergency. Also have the thermostat so I can make sure heat is on, and you can get smoke/carbon monoxide alarms which all work through the same app.
Thank you so much, that is really helpful. Many thanks

TheBearsMummy

Sep 29, 2017
East Midlands
We have fitted Arlo and are very happy with it. We had to set up wi-fi hidden in a store cupboard but the picture and sound quality are good.
Initially we bought a more basic camera without sound that has a mobile phone type connection but upgraded a couple of weeks later as without sound we knew MiL was giving money to random people but couldn't prove why. She would insist that they must have done some shopping for her.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan