• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

Inheritance and social services


Volunteer Moderator
Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
When your Mum reaches the lower threshold where the LA take over paying the fees your Mum will have to contribute her state pension and any private pension towards the fees. he I’ll be allowed to keep approx. £30 per week for person use. Your Dad should be able to claim half of the private pension if there is one.


Registered User
Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
We think they are Tennants in Common.

To find out either ask the solicitor who acted for purchase or make a definitive check at the Land Registry by going to
https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry .
and paying £3 on line to download a pdf copy of the title register.

If there is an entry
Section B Proprietorship Register
RESTRICTION: No Disposition By A Sole Proprietor Of The Registered Estate (Except A Trust Corporation) Under Which Capital Money Arises Is To Be Registered Unless Authorized By An Order Of The Court’.
the property is held as tenants in common, else it is joint tenants.