informing re infection

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
Is it usual for a nursing home to inform family (who have always been heavily involved in care prior to admission) of an infection in their relative? What is the protocol on this, does anyone know?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I was ALWAYS informed of any possible infection or GP visit. The staff knew that I would want to be at the CH when a GP was due to visit Pete.

XX

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
I have asked, and asked again about being kept updated. Seems there have been quite a few infections which I recently found out about by chance.

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
There's something wrong here. You must be informed about fundamental things like this. Like LYN, I can't imagine that I wouldn't be kept up to date on all such matters. In any event you can always ask to read your relative's care notes to see what is going on. But you need to get the relationship established with the NH. management so that they know you expect to be kept in the loop. Don't be backward about coming forward.

alison1981

Dec 13, 2013
It's the same with my mum and her care home. She had a fall in January and it just so happened my dad was going to see her that day otherwise we would not have been informed. Also 2 weeks ago I was informed mum had a hospital appointment on the Thursday and when I went to go with her, they said she went yesterday!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar