Information pack

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
when diagnosed did anyone receive a folder with information on dementia, resources etc.

Laura40

Dec 10, 2017
England
Hi Jorbin,
My husband was diagnosed with early onset dementia last November but it was only this week that we received any paperwork with exactly what, and it states ' Picks' but nothing else has come. This is in a care plan which consists of 2 pages of info about the tests he has had and nothing else. However, the dementia hub, and carers association in the local area are now inundating me with calls and emails and he has been invited to a cognitive therapy group. I don't think you could get any additional info that is better that what is on this web site to be honest.
The care plan also states that I need a carers assessment and support. But no information folder etc.

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
Hi Jorbin,
My husband was diagnosed with early onset dementia last November but it was only this week that we received any paperwork with exactly what, and it states ' Picks' but nothing else has come. This is in a care plan which consists of 2 pages of info about the tests he has had and nothing else. However, the dementia hub, and carers association in the local area are now inundating me with calls and emails and he has been invited to a cognitive therapy group. I don't think you could get any additional info that is better that what is on this web site to be honest.
The care plan also states that I need a carers assessment and support. But no information folder etc.
The Alzheimer’s fact sheets are really good and the dementia guide, however , I do think that we could be given more information at the time of diagnosis. Six months after my diagnosis I am going to a course at the local memory clinic but find it disappointing.