Information and Resources: Dealing with dementia and cancer

molliep

Researcher
Aug 16, 2018
Leeds
We have created this thread as a place to share information and resources that may be helpful for people caring for someone with both dementia and cancer.

If you have come across any resources that you find particularly helpful, please feel free to share them here to let others know.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
link to the

Expert Q&A: Dealing with dementia and cancer –​

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

Living with Cancer and Dementia, Memories of Brian shared by his wife June Hennell MBE​

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

Making cancer treatment decisions for a family member with dementia​

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

Dealing with your loved one not remembering they have cancer​

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

Getting a diagnosis of cancer and dementia​

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

How can I make trips to the hospital for oncology appointments/treatment easier?​

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

Cancer care for people with dementia: A webinar and research article​

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

Managing cancer-related care or treatment for your loved one with dementia​

ythomasshelb

Dec 30, 2021
Caring for a person with a stoma and dementia? ColostomyUK have created a short guide of hints and tips that may be helpful.

Best wishes,
Mollie
Thankyou it was really helpful. we are a joint and lately my aunt is showing these symptoms. We were not aware about it at first but now it is being taken seriously... I will follow through the guide and come in case I have any queries, thanks again.

RuthS

Apr 14, 2024
Hi, not sure if I am posting correctly, but my Dad has dementia and cancer. Up until now, we have been coping, but Dad has just had some treatment, which has really affected his dementia and at the moment, we are not sure we are going to get him back to a functioning state. Anyway, I was looking for help about the interaction between cancer drugs and dementia, since, as things stand at the moment, we would be very reluctant for Dad to have any more treatment, without knowing the likelihood of the effect on his dementia. Any help / advice would be welcome. In the meantime, I will keep searching. Thanks, Ruth