Infections again! Then what!

Lady M

Sep 15, 2018
Essex
after a week of declining , nothing major...just general weakness, unable to grip cutlery.....unable to use the rotaunder without great difficulty and assistance , requiring three to move him up in bed and a overall ‘just not right’ and after a 14hour stint in A and E OH admitted with ‘infections!’ ( probably/possible UTI, chest infection etc!
Following my post on ‘too aware for a care home’ unless there is a wonderful recovery ...always possible?
...... maybe it will be the body that’s determines the need for greater care and nursing than can be given ay home....?
OH is saying he has had enough.......unfortunately I feel I have as well, but who knows...
I am exhausted, worried and totally despondent!

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Seems never ending doesn't it. I'm sorry you and your OH are having such a bad time

My OH has just had 2 weeks on ABs, the first for chest, the second for UTI and now he's got an ingrowing toe nail that gone septic, thats twice in 2 months grrrrr.....another call to the med centre *sigh*

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
. maybe it will be the body that’s determines the need for greater care and nursing than can be given ay home....?

Yes. This is what seems to happen so many times.

One day you feel a care home is a while away and the next day it`s there.

It`s when I learned planning ahead re finding the best home is a wise move.