Increase in Carers Allowance - petition

Chris Edgerton

Oct 22, 2003
Warwick District
I picked this up from "kindheart"

An E-Petiotion to the Prime ministers office (you may come across it on the news about car road proposed charging) on an increase for Carers Allowance.

The petition will close on the 17 Feb for:

“We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Increase Carers Allowance to better reward those who save the country money by their actions. The amount of Cares Allowance does not reflect the contribution in money terms made by the people who receive it. They save Nursing costs and Personal Care costs well in excess of the weekly amount which is at present just over £46 a week."

Click below to sign petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/caring

The petition has risen from 10th place to 8th place in the last couple of days.

Why not copy this text and past into an email to send to your contact, only a couple of day left to petition.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
(to Kindheart and Capybara too)

All for e-petitions (and duly signed) - BUT wonder if someone can help me understand just how much impact .....?

Note that the Royal Surrey County Hospital (catchment area Guildford, I gather) has attracted over 17,000 signatures, whilst the Carer's Allowance petition which is a nationwide concern has amassed less than 2000 so far......

Now this must be something about 'audience' and accessibility to PCs and therefore access to the knowledge that the petition is running, perhaps?

Are these e-petitions intended to run alongside the good old fashioned 'stand in the High Street with a clipboard' approach with bundles of paper delivered to Downing Street the same day the e-petition closes? (I know Bruce has mentioned something on these lines before) ....

And yes, if there's something I feel passionate enough about that WAS volunteering to stand in the High Street with a clipboard! ;)

Love, Karen, x

CassElle

Jun 7, 2005
Blackpool
Increase in Carers Allowance Petition

Hi Kenny

Many thanks for the opportunity to add my name and address to the petition. I wondered whether you have posted the link on the Carers UK website? I'm sure many there would wish to add their names.

CassElle:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatherinlaw