Incontinent aids dad tried everything at wits end advice please

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
I think @AwayWithTheFairies is right about the lack of a garden probably not meaning much to someone with dementia.
My mum pre-dementia loved her garden, tended it and it looked beutiful. When dementia arrived she started to neglect it and by the time she moved into her care home she just wasnt interested in the garden and didnt even want to go and sit out in it. I noticed that none of the other residents did either.
I also wouldnt worry about the neighbourhood. I doubt that where it is situated will make any difference - its not like the neighbours are likely to pop in for a cuppa!

No place is perfect, but at least there will be a whole team of people looking after him round the clock.
You cant go on as you are, but a care home is probably the only solution; medication cant improve things and he cannot improve himself. Its easy to think "if only............ then I could ecope", but its not going to happen, is it?
I need to visit though i dont want to be leaving in winter in cold dark evening in area im too scared to walk about in

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Do they know you are moving @deepetshopboy , and is it in the same borough? They might have somewhere that meets your dad's needs in your new area. However it may well be that the home they've suggested is the only one that can meet your dad's complex needs.
I hope you can get something sorted out soon.

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Do they know you are moving @deepetshopboy , and is it in the same borough? They might have somewhere that meets your dad's needs in your new area. However it may well be that the home they've suggested is the only one that can meet your dad's complex needs.
I hope you can get something sorted out soon.
No I wouldn’t be moving straight away but the point is im happy to travel within 5 miles just because i live in the same area should not be a deceding factor either as i will definitely be moving anyway