Incontinence

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
In my experience output frequently exceeds input! I don't know how my mother doesn't look like a shrivelled up prune :) Was way worse when she was on Donepezil.
I used to buy Aldi pull-ups , but we have to go about 10miles to our nearest store, so not an option in recent times. Certainly as good as branded ones. Something a carer showed me when changing pull-ups with trousers, is to take one leg out of the trousers, then feed the trousered leg, plus all the trousers, through one leg hole. Then put the untrousered leg through the other leg hole, then put leg back through trousers. (I hope that makes sense!) Still a bit of a faff, but better than the complete undressing. We are moving onto the nappy types at night now, as Mum's mobility has worsened. Still buying Vivactive, maximum absorbency. So far, so good..
I follow you. Sometimes too, we can simply cut the pull-up off by cutting one side.
Warmest, kindred

Sunshine2*

May 16, 2019
Hi, I bought the pull-up pants for my husband and they were brilliant. When he has a bowel accident, it all remains in the pants and if necessary, I can tear down the sides.
He is disabled with Multiple Sclerosis and has MS Dementia, as well as many other illnesses and I have been his 24/7 carer for 31 years and he’s still only 58.
He has an indwelling catheter, which I attend to, which is really helpful. However, he was having accidents at the table, basically everywhere in the house.
I do all his personal care including his showers; recently noticed his backside was peeling, which he hadn’t had before, so have had to put him back in his cotton boxers after moisturising him.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen these problems?
Such a shame as they are brilliant...

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Hi, I bought the pull-up pants for my husband and they were brilliant. When he has a bowel accident, it all remains in the pants and if necessary, I can tear down the sides.
He is disabled with Multiple Sclerosis and has MS Dementia, as well as many other illnesses and I have been his 24/7 carer for 31 years and he’s still only 58.
He has an indwelling catheter, which I attend to, which is really helpful. However, he was having accidents at the table, basically everywhere in the house.
I do all his personal care including his showers; recently noticed his backside was peeling, which he hadn’t had before, so have had to put him back in his cotton boxers after moisturising him.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen these problems?
Such a shame as they are brilliant...
Mum's bum sometimes looks a bit shiny, and I use Cavilon cream, but I imagine you know all about that sort of thing, given your husband's history. Is it worth looking at different brands, to see if they are more breathable? I know that many of the online incontinence shops have advisors, who might be able to talk you through the options. You can get washable incontinence boxers, but they may not be adequate for his needs.

Sunshine2*

May 16, 2019
Mum's bum sometimes looks a bit shiny, and I use Cavilon cream, but I imagine you know all about that sort of thing, given your husband's history. Is it worth looking at different brands, to see if they are more breathable? I know that many of the online incontinence shops have advisors, who might be able to talk you through the options. You can get washable incontinence boxers, but they may not be adequate for his needs.
Hi, Thanks for your very helpful advice.