Incontinence worse...

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...Any answers on using the dipsticks on "nappies" to test for infection?..."

Google urine collection pack

Sterile pad, syringe and tub.

If purchasing make sure you get size suitable for adult.

Lovleemummy

Jun 13, 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
It's 3.50 in the morning & here I am. Hubby soaked the bed so have changed him, me and the bedding. He did not want to get changed but did manage in the end, thankfully without him getting agitated. His CPN is coming today so hope she may be able to recommend something.
How quickly things change only 3 weeks ago he would use the toilet & his bottle at night now only goes the toilet for bowel movements and only occasionally uses the bottle at night. You just get used to 1 thing & start to manage that then something else comes along.
I had my 1st sitting service yesterday for 1 hour as a trial & have got 3 hours on Thursday just to give me a break. I feel as if I'm letting hubby down but as it's getting harder to go out as he gets very tired & agitated if out to long.
Sorry for my moan think I better get back to bed feeling sleepy x

gugsi

Dec 20, 2011
Higham Ferrers, Northants
Will I have to buy a new carpet

Has anyone got ideas as to how to get urine stains out of an oatmeal coloured carpet, I have tried all the branded stain removers/carpet cleaners and nothing is working. The carpet is not a year old and I am now putting protection on it so the stains are not being added to. Just finding everday with mum very hard now, but still don't feel she is bad enough for a nursing home yet. Margaret

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Well I have eventually bought the scented 'nappy' bags for MIL's incontinence pads and they smell sweet :)

DN was meant to come Tuesday to reassess MIL as she needs larger pads now but did not turn up :eek:

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Has anyone got ideas as to how to get urine stains out of an oatmeal coloured carpet, I have tried all the branded stain removers/carpet cleaners and nothing is working. The carpet is not a year old and I am now putting protection on it so the stains are not being added to. Just finding everday with mum very hard now, but still don't feel she is bad enough for a nursing home yet. Margaret

I find Stains Are Out from Kleeneze gets stains out when nothing else will work, it's saved carpets, clothes all sorts. It is expensive but worth it for me.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds

I swear by Dr Beckmann in a white bottle with blue brush on top.