Incontinence pants

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi I've been getting Aldi pull up pants for my partner but can't seem to get them now so have they discontinued them?. Guy in my local store just said they haven't had in for a while and had no further information to tell me. Do Lidl do them and are they any good please.

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
@AbbyGee was testing the ones from lidl so maybe look at her thread @Wildflowerlady to see what she thought of them
I've not yet tried them yet as there's a stack of Aldi's pull ups in the wardrobe. I've started to think about alternatives to pull ups, as a stand by at least.
At the moment, getting the OH into pull ups is like fitting Marigold gloves on to an uncooperative octopus!

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
I've not yet tried them yet as there's a stack of Aldi's pull ups in the wardrobe. I've started to think about alternatives to pull ups, as a stand by at least.
At the moment, getting the OH into pull ups is like fitting Marigold gloves on to an uncooperative octopus!
I passed by a Lidl today don't go that way often but did pop in and get a couple of packs. Price wasn't bad so I'll get partner to try them he usually just wears overnight or if we are going out due to bladder issues. Fortunately I don't have a octopus here and he can get them on himself . Sorry for your struggles and thanks very much for reply.

Last edited:

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
I work in a charity shop, sometimes we get a whole load of inco pads donated and often struggle to sell them. Often if people use them a lot they get them delivered monthly on prescription, if someone has died, gets sent too many or no longer needs them they cannot be sent back. If you get the chance to get out it might pay to ask local charity shops if they can let you know if/when they get them in.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
I felt quite sad today… Mum has always had nice underwear but has been increasingly wearing tena ladies pants. When I did her washing, there was the lovely satin nightie, the Lacy bra, multiple handkerchiefs and one pair of pants!
I know she changes the tena ones everyday so I guess it’s another step …. ?

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
I bought some Lidl's pull ups yesterday. £5.15 for 12. Look pretty much the same as Aldi's but thankfully they don't have that annoying little sticky label thingy on the outside at the back. (I still haven't worked out what it's for but that's neither here nor there.) Lidl's have a light marking inside the back to show which way to wear them.

Anyway - tried them on OH last night and they seem to fit comfortably. Last night's was *very* heavy with wee this morning but no leakage anywhere and they felt drier on the inside than the Aldi ones do after a soaking.

The only way to find out which ones take the saturation better is to pour an equal amount of water on to one of each. It won't be a scientific experiment and I certainly won't use the blue dyed water as they do in adverts for such products! I'll make that my weekend's project and report back.

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
OK -here wee go! I haven't done the totally non-scientific water test as my supply of pull-ups is becoming a little diminished.
Despite my initial praise of Lidl's pull ups I've found they're too loose around the legs, especially at the front and that's resulted in wet clothes and bedding yet dry pull ups. Seems the 'man bits' escape. Not sure how they'd be in lady use though.
I'll use up the Lidl ones during the day as a safety measure but for night time I'll stick with Aldi's.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
OK -here wee go! I haven't done the totally non-scientific water test as my supply of pull-ups is becoming a little diminished.
Despite my initial praise of Lidl's pull ups I've found they're too loose around the legs, especially at the front and that's resulted in wet clothes and bedding yet dry pull ups. Seems the 'man bits' escape. Not sure how they'd be in lady use though.
I'll use up the Lidl ones during the day as a safety measure but for night time I'll stick with Aldi's.
Interesting that you say this as having bought my partner Lidl pull-ups as I was unable to get the Aldi ones the other week he confirmed the same and has found Lidl too loose around the legs too. I also got him to try Tesco own brand which were also recommended and he found better but still feels Aldi were the best. Fortunately on a trip out today I popped in Aldi and yay were back in stock. My partner doesn't test them fully as he still maintains reasonable continence so more a back up overnight or if we are going out. Having said that a tummy upset today resulted in using 3 pairs ? in fairly quick succession.