Incontinence Pants

Jho

Jul 24, 2016
OK this is the problem, and this is urgent as possible. My mum has bowel problems. This has been long ongoing. She had a scan some months ago, but as yet has not had info of results. We have received though recent confirmation--after a doctor's visit-- that a review will be held with the doctor who specializes in bowel disease..meanwhile my mum continues to have 'accidents'. usually in the morning which can soil her bedding, and nightwear, but also sometimes in the day. So I need to know of some recommended and possibly 'pretty' incontinence panties I can get---as soon as possible.

I am also curious if there are re-washable ones? IE the ones I have mostly heard of are the ones that are to be disposed of.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
My Mum uses Depend pull up pants which are very good for bowel incontinence and available from supermarkets such as Sainsbury's, Tesco's etc. You can also buy in bulk from Costco. The Boots own brand have also had good reviews on here. I can't recommend any 'pretty' incontinence pants but my Mum sometimes wore her usual pants over the top of the pull ups. I don't have any experience of washable incontinence pants but personally I wouldn't consider them for bowel incontinence as the bulk of the mess would need to be removed prior to washing, and they would have to be washed separately from other items and I found dealing with the usual amount of laundry a real chore without adding to it. Disposables are more convenient when out and about too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister