incontinence pads

suzabell

Aug 29, 2014
bury st edmunds
Hi, My husband has slight dribbles so always wears a light slim pad like we ladies might when on. I did originally call the continence nurse in so he could talk about his problems and feel listened to. The pads were too large and the size unnecessary for him. What I am wondering ,though, is have you had a continence nurse assess the situation? These bigger pads are free through the right channels. This is in Suffolk ,uk, but I assume it is universal.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hi, My husband has slight dribbles so always wears a light slim pad like we ladies might when on. I did originally call the continence nurse in so he could talk about his problems and feel listened to. The pads were too large and the size unnecessary for him. What I am wondering ,though, is have you had a continence nurse assess the situation? These bigger pads are free through the right channels. This is in Suffolk ,uk, but I assume it is universal.

In many cases, it's found that what the continence service provides is either insufficient, or there are extras to be bought that they don't supply. Bed protectors, chair protectors, wipes, things like that. The pads they supply are very welcome, of course, but sometimes a different product works better in an individual situation. For example, sometimes, they don't supply pull-ups, but pull-ups are better suited to a particular individual for some reason (perhaps they remove the slip-in pads), so the pull ups have to be bought.

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan