Incontinence help please!

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Hi all,
My dad has gone into respite for one week and I am worried about my mum who has found it really hard with dad's increasing incontinence since he had pneumonia. I have read about Kylie pads and have googled them but nothing came up. Can anyone let me know of anything mum can use, she has just bought a waterproof sheet, but anything else that can help would greatly be appreciated. Dad is wearing pull-up type pants at the moment, but he seems to be waking up every day soaked through and more washing!
Thanks
Snooky x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm not sure why nothing came up - I just googled Kylie pads and got quite a lot of hits. However, has your mother had a referral to the incontinence advisor/nurse for your area? Because there will be one. It may be possible that you can get the necessary supplies free of charge (when I say may be possible - you can definitely get something but whether they are adequate or not....)

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Yes their is a solution

My husband wears a sheath in bed at night, it is attached to a bag, and it works so well. Your incontinance nurse will call at your home and fit the right size, you put it on at night, and all is well, no more wet beds. Empty it each morning. And fit a clean one every night. They are disposable. Also ask for a urinal bottle, they do comne in handy. Hope this helps:)
Barb

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Mum really does need a referral to the local incontinence nurse/advisor. Some doctors surgeries also have these.

Good idea to speak to doctor anyway. Excessive urinating at night can sometimes be aleviated.

Lots of things on the market but advice is necessary to avoid wasting money. Hope you get something worked out soon.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Snooky, Connie's right. Ask your GP or social worker for a referral to the continence advisor.

Pull-up pants are fine during the day, in case of accidents, but they just don't hold enough for night time use. Your dad needs heavy-duty pads.

Our LA doesn't supply kylie sheets, so I had to buy them, but some do, it's worth asking.

The sheath is great when it works, but it doesn't work for everyone. Some people just pull it off, and if your dad tries to get up to the toilet, he'll pull it off then, and make a worse mess.

You need advice to find the best solution for your dad. It's a bad stage, and I feel sorry for your mum.

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Hi all,
Thanks for your replies. I will ask mum to get the referral to the incontinence nurse as suggested. I know she is finding this part really wearing what with everything else. She doesn't have access to the internet, so I am asking everything for her.
Thanks
Snooky x