Incontinence clothing

Gillyp

Sep 4, 2019
Hi, I am main carer for mum in law who has had Alzheimer's for 8 years. For the last 2 she has become incontinent, which I have managed until several months ago when we bought her a bodysuit which has zip on the back. It does help but now she has been pulling the leg to one side and being "creative" with her bodily waste. She eats it and of course paints the floor and soft furnishings with it.
I am looking for one with longer legs so she cant pull the legs up. Anybody know where i can find one?
She has several sort legged ones and they do help but she has moved on.
I even put a slip pad inside of pull up pants and at night also put on a "Nappy style" pad.
I have tried special needs sites and Alzheimer's sites. We need ones that zip up at the back. Any suggestions greatly received thanks

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I used these sleepsuits for my husband. I don’t know if that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for but here’s the link anyway -

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
I am not sure about zipping up at the back, but some "modest suits" used for swimming may be suitable as they have legs. However, the material can be quite thick, often in black, so may not be suitable.
M&S do bodysuits (like a leotard), with a closure between the legs and these combined with the sort of cycling short type knickers worked quite well with my Mum for a while.
Just a light hearted side note, if you search well known selling sites for "adult bodysuit" or similar, you may get some very "unexpected" results. I may never recover........

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson