Inca Trail & fund raising

Steve Hilton

Aug 24, 2006
Lincolnshire
:) Hi every one
As I mentioned in my previous thread my daughter Claire and I are aiming to trek the Inca Trail next May 2007 to raise money for the Alzheimers society, we are looking to raise approximately £6,000.00 and we are well on our way to that target.
We have had a 'fun day' with bouncy castle, BBQ, etc. We have had bag packing sessions at our local ASDA superstore In North Hykeham, Lincs. the last of which is this Sunday 05/11/2006 if anyone would like to come down and see us in action. (The way I can juggle (sorry pack) half a dozen eggs and a stone of spuds and a bread loaf is almost pretty to watch:) ).

08/11/2006: Well obviously my spud juggling worked we raised £702.00 last Sunday (well O.k. it wasn't just me, there was the odd troop of Girl Guides from Hykeham led by Jane [many thanks] my daughter Claire who used her only day off work, my wonderful wife Sue who gave up her Sunday 'lie in' and finally my mate Pete for sparing an hour or two from his busy schedule, but apart from them I did it all ;) .

22/11/2006: A donation on our website from 'Anne' who did the trek last year. Many thanks from Claire and myself, it was a very generous gesture.

27/11/2006: A donation on our website from Natalie Smith. Many thanks, very kind of you.

We are also taking sponsorship 'online' at www.justgiving.com/SteveandClaire and have so far raised £160.00 (did you know that if everyone who read my last thread on this site went on to www.justgiving.com/SteveandClaire and donated a pound, the Alzheimers Society would be better off to the tune of £1100.00!!! Now there's a thought:) )

Last edited: