Inappropriate

Sillybird

Nov 28, 2015
Hi can anyone help ,my father has Alzheimer's and is really confused ,he has trouble dressing eg clothes on the wrong way round and most of the time he has not got a clue about anything apart from the current revolving obsessions ,boats. Cars,cars,boats it just goes on ,but recently his new obsession is ,finding a wife and having sex !!! ,I understand that he is lonely but he is behaving in a very inappropriate way towards any female he talks too, we have tried to make sure that he has a good social life but this is coming a problem HELP:confused:

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Hi can anyone help ,my father has Alzheimer's and is really confused ,he has trouble dressing eg clothes on the wrong way round and most of the time he has not got a clue about anything apart from the current revolving obsessions ,boats. Cars,cars,boats it just goes on ,but recently his new obsession is ,finding a wife and having sex !!! ,I understand that he is lonely but he is behaving in a very inappropriate way towards any female he talks too, we have tried to make sure that he has a good social life but this is coming a problem HELP:confused:

suggest you speak to the gp they may be able to give something to stop these urges

Grable

May 19, 2015
This happened with my aunt, who had Alzheimer's, and is currently happening with my uncle. Lately he's been bein inappropriate with his carers. As this is obviously not an uncommon situation, it sounds like it would be worth talking to a professional - doctor, dementia nurse, or somebody for help. Please let us know what advice is given - there will be others facing the same challenges!