In need of help

toneri

Oct 7, 2006
Northern Ireland
I lost my Mother 3yrs ago in September 2003.I was her sole carer.Since her death I have found life very hard to cope with and sometimes wonder if life is worth going on.The emptyness and loneness is very hard to come to terms with.It is only some one who has cared for alzheimers suffer knows what it like to care for someone for so long and then find that you seem to have no purpose in life.I cared for Mum at home from 1991-2003 when saldy she died.It was a long and difficult road to go down.The thing that keeps me going is that I have no regrets and would do the same again if I had to.I hope that those who are going down that road of carering for there love one will find the strength and courage to continue.And God will reward you for the love you have shown them.

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Dear Toneri

What a wonderful person you are, careing for your mother through her illness. It is so difficult i know as we watched our dad look after my mum for the 8 years of her illness, sadly we lost her in march this year. have you family or friends you can speak to, there are web sites people have posted on here that can help with loss. I will get back to you with one of them. The one thing the doctor told my dad at the hospital is you will be rewarded in heaven and that is true. What a careing, wonderful person you are.

kathyx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Toneri

Bereavement hits us all in different ways and i know its very difficult to cope with............when you lose someone you love very much, it can make you feel as though you've lost your purpose in life, i know i felt as though my life had been turned upside down............and like you, i'm still trying to find a new purpose...... it will come, but it takes time............this is the only life we've got, so we have to make the most of it and i'm sure your mum would not want to see you suffer like this.

You need to give yourself time to adjust..............i've found that keeping busy helps and just taking things one day at a time.

I hope you feel better soon
Love Alex x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951