In need of a virtual hug

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Sorry you have not been well Jenny. It was good your family rallied round though.
We've had an interesting Chrstmas. Took C to her favourite Chinese restaurant, but she now knows she has dementia and is convinced t means she will lose her marbles and it is the beginning of the end, so she told the restaurant owner she may forget him next time but she still loves him. She's known him for 30 years. The meal was good and she had been on good form until then. Now she was happy with yesterday's lamb served with potato pancakes and enjoyed the Sound of Music until she got terribly concerned about the war and guilty about Germany's part. Sorry, it's been eventful. :eek::)

Hope you're better soon.

Oh Rob, I am so sorry C realises her condition. I think this is the worst part of demetia. Take care, my friend. Do feel free to PM me. xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Oh Rob, I am so sorry C realises her condition. I think this is the worst part of demetia. Take care, my friend. Do feel free to PM me. xxx
Hello rob....I've just popped on to see how things are with you and c....I hope that she is still doing OK and going to day care on Thursdays.. I'm sorry that I haven't been about....not been feeling too well....had yet another scan on my spine and new pain relief prescribed.... well look after yourself my friend....I hope to speak again soon xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo Gill, nice to hear from you. Sorry your spine is still so bad. I take it the scan didn't help, if all the've offered is stronger pain relief. Do you know what the underlying problem is?
C is under the weather a bit at the moment with a chest infection which just won't go even after antibiotics, she looked like she was getting her energy back at the valentine's party, but back to struggling again. Roll on spring.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hullo Gill, nice to hear from you. Sorry your spine is still so bad. I take it the scan didn't help, if all the've offered is stronger pain relief. Do you know what the underlying problem is?
C is under the weather a bit at the moment with a chest infection which just won't go even after antibiotics, she looked like she was getting her energy back at the valentine's party, but back to struggling again. Roll on spring.
Hi Rob... Don't die of shock!!! I may be absent but often wonder how you and c are doing.. I hope that she is still active and going for her singing sessions and you are able to get out for a few hours.
I will pop back later to see if you are still in shock!! Take care xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo Gill, it is good to hear from you. How are you doing old friend ?
We are getting back to normal after a long hard winter. C is not doing her singing any longer, too many old people singing nursery rhymes was the complaint. Still, she is going to garden centre cafes every week with a lady from the care agency while I get out and about. I've put volunteer driving on hold for a few weeks to get some time to myself to think. Hopefully, I can also arrange some respite to escape to Exmoor or somewhere down that way for a couple of days and night. That's all in motion with social services.
I'll pop in later too when the shock wears off. :D

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hullo Gill, it is good to hear from you. How are you doing old friend ?
We are getting back to normal after a long hard winter. C is not doing her singing any longer, too many old people singing nursery rhymes was the complaint. Still, she is going to garden centre cafes every week with a lady from the care agency while I get out and about. I've put volunteer driving on hold for a few weeks to get some time to myself to think. Hopefully, I can also arrange some respite to escape to Exmoor or somewhere down that way for a couple of days and night. That's all in motion with social services.
I'll pop in later too when the shock wears off. :D
Rob sounds like the same old c haha "singing nursery rhymes with old people"... Sounds so much like my dad did.... Are you trying to organise a few days respite? That would be brilliant for you even if it is for just a couple of days . Like you say it would give you chance to go to exmoor or somewhere for some rest and quiet time for yourself... In my heart it feels like yesterday when I was desperately wanting a bit of me time but in my head it seems so long ago... Still trying to come to terms with losing dad
Can't report any good news about my spinal problems still in lots of pain and waiting for yet more injections and another visit to the neurosurgeon on the 21st of May .. but still plodding along and still managing to take chaos out for a walk... Its late so going to go now .. Thank you for replying xx I will try to keep in touch .. Think of you and lou most days and how you are coping and how you helped me through such a difficult emotional time .. Take care my friend xxx