In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Lou, nice to hear from you. Good to see your mum is still enjoying her days out in the car between rest days. Sorry, was going to catch up, but too tired after a long day at hospital, C had an angina attack. Will say hello properly tomorrow.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Evening Lou, nice to hear from you. Good to see your mum is still enjoying her days out in the car between rest days. Sorry, was going to catch up, but too tired after a long day at hospital, C had an angina attack. Will say hello properly tomorrow.
Oh rob , I hope C is ok ? Let me know how she is , when you can . My very best wishes to both of you . Lou

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Lou, thanks for asking about C. She is ok now, just waiting for the hospital pharmacy to sort out meds. Sorry you've not been able to get out in your garden, hope you have a few days off in the autumn to rest.

Morning Jenny, not seen you on since your mum got her heating fixed. Hope you are all well.

Morning Gill, if you are reading. Don't reply if you are not up to it my friend.

All the best everyone. Rob

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Lou, thanks for asking about C. She is ok now, just waiting for the hospital pharmacy to sort out meds. Sorry you've not been able to get out in your garden, hope you have a few days off in the autumn to rest.

Morning Jenny, not seen you on since your mum got her heating fixed. Hope you are all well.

Morning Gill, if you are reading. Don't reply if you are not up to it my friend.

Morning rob and lou...im having trouble with this new layout...ive tried to send both of you a pm but the page just kept bouncing back....anyway i want to thank you both for your continuing support and your kind words...i dont deserve friends like you..i hope all is ok with you rob and c ...going to switch over to my tablet as still having trouble..will post again this evening...speak later my dear friends xxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

Hi Rob, all well here. Mum is erratic with the thermostat. Turned right down at night. Rarely turned up in the morning (the carers & I turn it to a suitable temperature) yesterday we were late visiting (6pm rather than 5pm) it was turned to 30c!
How are you? And how is C?

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Another wee worry for you Jenny.
We are doing ok thanks, C is out of hospital and after a rest yesterday she is back to normal today. I took our scheme minibus out for a test drive, so should be ready to start driving properly in a couple of weeks.
All the best, Rob.

Sorry to see you are having problems posting Gill. It takes a couple of days to get used to this new format.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
How is everybody

Did you get out at the weekend Lou?
Are you and Chaos getting out to see the autumn colours Gill?
How's your mum settling with her new central heating Jenny?

We are very busy, even managed to get C playing table tennis with her grandson for a few minutes on Sunday.:) I've posted a wee snapshot from the Chew valley to brighten up the thread.

Hope all is as well as it can be for you all.

Attachments

• autumn Chew river.jpg
    autumn Chew river.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 473

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
How is everybody

Did you get out at the weekend Lou?
Are you and Chaos getting out to see the autumn colours Gill?
How's your mum settling with her new central heating Jenny?

We are very busy, even managed to get C playing table tennis with her grandson for a few minutes on Sunday.:) I've posted a wee snapshot from the Chew valley to brighten up the thread.

Hope all is as well as it can be for you all.
Hi Rob,
The temperature is all over the place! Notes left have been binned!
Another difficult time here. Mum's younger sister passed away on Saturday.
We seem to lurch from one crisis to another!
Lovely photo!
Glad C had a good time with her grandson! The grandparent/grandchild relationship is so special!
Much love, all xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry for your loss, Jenny. Is your mum aware of her sister passing away.
Condolences and strength to you and your family in your crisis.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Sorry for your loss, Jenny. Is your mum aware of her sister passing away.
Condolences and strength to you and your family in your crisis.
Thanks Rob.
Mum does remember.
My aunt was my second mum. My cousin & I are only children. Our mums shared childcare in the 60's. We are so close

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Thanks Rob.
Mum does remember.
My aunt was my second mum. My cousin & I are only children. Our mums shared childcare in the 60's. We are so close

The funeral was yesterday. I read Warning by Jenny Joseph (when I am old, I shall wear purple etc) & kept it together!
Mum was upset but did well. I knew how agitated she was when we took her home. Before I left I made her a cuppa, I suggested she put the telly on (last part of 'Pointless' or 'The Chase'.) She picked up the phone and tried to turn the telly on. That upset me. I know it's progressive and I have watched my aunt through to end stage. I suppose, I hoped (in my heart) my mum would beat it, even though I fully understand that won't happen. Sorry, just offloading xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Well done for holding it together and for making sure your mum got the support she needed, Jenny. Have a big glass of wine on me and off load all you need, we are here to read and support.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Lou and Gill if you are both still reading.

Hope you are both well, can't remember when you're next appointment with the consultant is Gill but hope it goes well.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Jenny, I don't normally post here, but have just caught up. Please accept my belated condolences on the loss of your aunt.

It can be so distressing to see the decline. We know how that feels.

I'm so sorry.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Well done for holding it together and for making sure your mum got the support she needed, Jenny. Have a big glass of wine on me and off load all you need, we are here to read and support.
Thank you, Rob! You have no idea how much that helps. I feel bad that I haven't been around for you guys xxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Jenny, I don't normally post here, but have just caught up. Please accept my belated condolences on the loss of your aunt.

It can be so distressing to see the decline. We know how that feels.

I'm so sorry.
Thank you, Amy. I appreciate it. My aunt was my second mum. I have lived through her decline & I am now doing it with my own mum. Bit tired xxx

MaryH

Jun 16, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
it is hard to do ones back to back or together.

Dad had it for 3.5 years starting with MCI and now Mom is copying dad's behaviour problems. Dad used to slap himself in the face likely due to his mom used to hit her head against the wall to control her family.. Mom was upset when he was doing it to her but she learned from him and is now doing it to me... sigh.

Jknight, condolences on the passing of your aunt.. Even thought the only sure things in life are death and taxes, my heart goes out for you.

Last edited:

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
it is hard to do ones back to back or together.

Dad had it for 3.5 years starting with MCI and now Mom is copying dad's behaviour problems. Dad used to slap himself in the face likely due to his mom used to hit her head against the wall to control her family.. Mom was upset when he was doing it to her but she learned from him and is now doing it to me... sigh.

Jknight, condolences on the passing of your aunt.. Even thought the only sure things in life are death and taxes, my heart goes out for you.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Thank you Mary H. It is rubbish! I lost dad to cancer 4 years ago. 6 months later mum exhibited the first signs of memory loss. Now I am losing her. My aunt was my second mum. Dementia has taken her.
It's a rubbish time. No holiday for five years (mum isn't happy if we aren't around - no siblings) We are tired & mum doesn't live with us! Worked tirelessly (& successfully) to keep her in her own home. Need a break xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Thank you Mary H. It is rubbish! I lost dad to cancer 4 years ago. 6 months later mum exhibited the first signs of memory loss. Now I am losing her. My aunt was my second mum. Dementia has taken her.
It's a rubbish time. No holiday for five years (mum isn't happy if we aren't around - no siblings) We are tired & mum doesn't live with us! Worked tirelessly (& successfully) to keep her in her own home. Need a break xxx
Oh Jenny , I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt . Aunts are precious beings and if she was anything like mine was , she would have been so special . I'm so sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while , as I have been caught up with some things but I would have liked to have sent my condolences and gave you my support. I hope your mum is doing as well as she can ? My own mum hasn't been so well but feeling better now . You take care and I promise to keep in touch . Keep your chin up and take care . Lou xx