In need of a virtual hug

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Afternoon Gill. How are you doing?

Been working hard helping C's son, but managed a wee game of bingo today. The plan for Thursday is to drop C off at her club and come back for a ploughman's lunch at our housing complex. Not sure if the ploughman will approve. :D I was going to let her off for one week to join in, but thought it best to keep the routine going.

Jenny, nice to hear your falconry day was a roaring success. Looking forward to the pictures.

Lou, how are you doing? Hope all is well with you, your mum, niece and rest of the family.

All the best everyone. :)

Hi rob....hope you haven't worked too hard..good idea to keep c to her new routine.... and good for you to get a bit of me time.....enjoy your ploughman's ...I'm sure the ploughman won't mind sharing !!! ..let us know how your day goes tomorrow xx
I'm OK thank you... not been up to much thou as my neck is troubling me again...still waiting for my appointment to come through for the neurosurgeon but I'm OK ...look after yourself xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi rob....hope you haven't worked too hard..good idea to keep c to her new routine.... and good for you to get a bit of me time.....enjoy your ploughman's ...I'm sure the ploughman won't mind sharing !!! ..let us know how your day goes tomorrow xx
I'm OK thank you... not been up to much thou as my neck is troubling me again...still waiting for my appointment to come through for the neurosurgeon but I'm OK ...look after yourself xx

Evening Gill, evening everyone.

Ploughman's lunch was very tasty, one of the neighbours had bought some really nice chutney at a market down in Wells and added it to the mix. But, mainly it was just a friendly occasion and C did join the quiz afterwards when I brought her home.
Not sure she enjoyed the club so much today, maybe tired her out yesterday at memory café and a nice meal with her son at a local restaurant. We'll pace ourselves better next week when I have a carers lunch planned.

Sorry your neck is giving you trouble again Gill. That appointment has been waiting for a couple of months already, hope you can chase them up or get some help from them soon.

All the best Jenny and Lou, how is everything with you and your families? We seem to be a narrowing little band, but I know Shedrech used to drop in occasionally, so will send out a wee greeting to everyone else reading. Hope you are all well.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent

Ploughman's lunch was very tasty, one of the neighbours had bought some really nice chutney at a market down in Wells and added it to the mix. But, mainly it was just a friendly occasion and C did join the quiz afterwards when I brought her home.
Not sure she enjoyed the club so much today, maybe tired her out yesterday at memory café and a nice meal with her son at a local restaurant. We'll pace ourselves better next week when I have a carers lunch planned.

Sorry your neck is giving you trouble again Gill. That appointment has been waiting for a couple of months already, hope you can chase them up or get some help from them soon.

All the best Jenny and Lou, how is everything with you and your families? We seem to be a narrowing little band, but I know Shedrech used to drop in occasionally, so will send out a wee greeting to everyone else reading. Hope you are all well.

Glad that you've enjoyed your lunch rob...as you say c was probably just a bit tired after yesterday and come next week she will be rested and will enjoy it.... because she had started to enjoy it hadn't she
Yes you remember well rob...I have been waiting a couple of months now...will have to chase it up...hopefully they can offer me an alternative to yet more surgery
thank you for letting us know how your lunch went I've been wondering today if c had gone to her day care ,look after yourself xx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hi Jenny . I'm so sorry to hear about your mum falling . I hope she's doing ok . As you say , these things always seem to happen when we are having a rare night out ! You know if can't be helped but you still feel like screaming ! I see you have done your falconry, that would be so good . Have you had your mini break ? I'm off to york in a few weeks , it can't come soon enough ! You have got a lot planned , I'm really excited for you , you certainly deserve it . I will message you for a chat . Hope you and the family are well . Take care and will be in touch soon . Lou xxx

Hi Lou,
Mum fell while we were at the theatre. We have just got back from our mini break only to find she has fallen again (this time the neighbours are sure it was a genuine accident)
Do PM me!
Looking forward to a chat with you, my friend xxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

Oh, Rob,
I am still here, worrying about you, C and everyone else. Mum has started falling. No excuse for being a bad friend though

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Oh, Rob,
I am still here, worrying about you, C and everyone else. Mum has started falling. No excuse for being a bad friend though

So sorry Jenny. I wasn't having a go at anyone, just trying to remember all the wonderful carers who have not dropped in for a while.

Have the doctors said anything about your mum. Have they checked her blood pressure or is down to an inability to process steps, C has that problem. Drop in and let us know how you all are, but you are obviously having a hard time and I won't hassle you.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
So sorry Jenny. I wasn't having a go at anyone, just trying to remember all the wonderful carers who have not dropped in for a while.

Have the doctors said anything about your mum. Have they checked her blood pressure or is down to an inability to process steps, C has that problem. Drop in and let us know how you all are, but you are obviously having a hard time and I won't hassle you.

Blood pressure is fine. GP says there are signs of heart failure (recently swollen ankles adds to that theory!) A&E consultant says no sign of heart failure! Who do you believe?
Rob, I didn't think you were! Just feeling bad that I haven't been here for you lovely people xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Blood pressure is fine. GP says there are signs of heart failure (recently swollen ankles adds to that theory!) A&E consultant says no sign of heart failure! Who do you believe?
Rob, I didn't think you were! Just feeling bad that I haven't been here for you lovely people xxx

That's the good thing about our wee group Jenny , we can pop on whenever we can and know there's a friend waiting to comfort and support us . Anyone is welcome anytime . Lou xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
We are doing ok, thanks Lou. I think C is tired out with too much activity last week, so we taking it a bit easier.

I'm glad you both are doing ok. My wee mum gets tired out a lot more now than ever too . She loves going out but I try to have her tucked up in bed by 6.30 /7 . She still gets up now and again during the night but thankfully not as much as she used to . Hope the both of you have a good week , keep in touch . Lou

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I'm glad you both are doing ok. My wee mum gets tired out a lot more now than ever too . She loves going out but I try to have her tucked up in bed by 6.30 /7 . She still gets up now and again during the night but thankfully not as much as she used to . Hope the both of you have a good week , keep in touch . Lou

Hi all,think I'm having problems with my tablet....it has only just updated our thread conversations ...so have just had a quick read through..... Lou, I'm pleased that you have posted and that you are OK....I'm glad your mum is sleeping a bit better for you.....how is work ? you are probably rushed off your feet as usual ...aren't you.....please keep in touch my friend xxx
Jenny, I'm sorry about your mums fall....is she OK now ? hope the rest of your family are well....how's the little granddaughter doing ? xx
Hello rob, hope that you and c are resting this week because has you said she had a tiring week last week....hopefully she will be refreshed in time for Thursday...xx
I'm OK but been hobbling around since Saturday... I opened the back door for chaos and me to go up to the garden but the little devil turned the wrong way and ran down the path to the open gate and on to the road...its just as well it is not a main road...so hence I tried to hurry after him and pulled my calf muscle.... Dogs who'd have them ha ha !.....take care all xxxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi all,think I'm having problems with my tablet....it has only just updated our thread conversations ...so have just had a quick read through..... Lou, I'm pleased that you have posted and that you are OK....I'm glad your mum is sleeping a bit better for you.....how is work ? you are probably rushed off your feet as usual ...aren't you.....please keep in touch my friend xxx
Jenny, I'm sorry about your mums fall....is she OK now ? hope the rest of your family are well....how's the little granddaughter doing ? xx
Hello rob, hope that you and c are resting this week because has you said she had a tiring week last week....hopefully she will be refreshed in time for Thursday...xx
I'm OK but been hobbling around since Saturday... I opened the back door for chaos and me to go up to the garden but the little devil turned the wrong way and ran down the path to the open gate and on to the road...its just as well it is not a main road...so hence I tried to hurry after him and pulled my calf muscle.... Dogs who'd have them ha ha !.....take care all xxxx

Oh no Gill , I hope your ok ? It's a sore thing , pulling your calf muscle . Hope your on the mend soon . I'm glad chaos ok and didn't come to any harm . I've had a few mishaps over the years , when I had dogs . Mind you , I would love another one but circumstances make it a pipe dream just now ! Maybe one day :-( . You take care Gill , speak soon . Lou xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol

Evening Gill. Sorry, lost this thread so didn't realise you had pulled a muscle. Chaos is well named. How is it now? Are you recovering ok.

Took C to her club, she is still complaining about all the old people, but is happy when I pick her up and loves teasing the staff. :) I had a wee walk across the park with the ramblers walking for health group, then left them to go off for a carers centre lunch. You can't beat a good chat and some mango ice cream. :)
Someone is waking up and getting hungry, so speak to you all later. All the best Jenny, Lou and everyone dropping in. R

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Gill. Sorry, lost this thread so didn't realise you had pulled a muscle. Chaos is well named. How is it now? Are you recovering ok.

Took C to her club, she is still complaining about all the old people, but is happy when I pick her up and loves teasing the staff. :) I had a wee walk across the park with the ramblers walking for health group, then left them to go off for a carers centre lunch. You can't beat a good chat and some mango ice cream. :)
Someone is waking up and getting hungry, so speak to you all later. All the best Jenny, Lou and everyone dropping in. R

Hi Lou and rob, thank you my leg is almost back to normal..and yes chaos does live up to his name !!!
I'm pleased that c managed day care....it does make me chuckle when you say that c complains about the old people... so much like my dad ... Its good that you are doing something you enjoy with your few hours...that's what it is all about....a bit of me time and deservedly so....long may c continue to go xx
Lou....how are you doing my friend, please let us know when you get a minute.... how are your plans going for your wee break this year xxx
Hello jenny, hope all is well with you and your family xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Lou and rob, thank you my leg is almost back to normal..and yes chaos does live up to his name !!!
I'm pleased that c managed day care....it does make me chuckle when you say that c complains about the old people... so much like my dad ... Its good that you are doing something you enjoy with your few hours...that's what it is all about....a bit of me time and deservedly so....long may c continue to go xx
Lou....how are you doing my friend, please let us know when you get a minute.... how are your plans going for your wee break this year xxx
Hello jenny, hope all is well with you and your family xx

Morning Gill, nice to hear your leg is getting back to normal. How's your weekend going?
Morning Lou, morning Jenny, hope all is well with you both.

Roast pork for lunch, cooked for us by supported housing team, then out for a walk while C sleeps it off. All the best everyone. :)

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hi all! Mum had another fall. Doctor reduced her BP med to see if it helps. Watching & waiting!
Took her for an eye test today. Parked in a 40 minute space. Asked the optician how long mum would be. About half an hour they said. Over an hour later I see the parking ticket being placed on my screen! I couldn't leave to move the car as mum would've panicked if I wasn't there when she came out!
Took her home then went to sort out her medication delivery! Paid my parking fine!
I work three days a week. The rest of my time is taken up with mum (as well as visiting 7 days a week)
How do other carers keep up with their own housework? So tired and we're nowhere near as far along the dementia journey as many of you!