In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Gill, Lou, Jenny and everyone.

How are you all?

Are you back at work Lou, or still allowing yourself some time. Hope you are ok.

Are you out and about Gill, taking Chaos out in the summer sun?

C made her club today, they played some classical music and the manager said she is getting more cheeky. :D Went to a memory café yesterday, listened to some 50s and 60s music. It certainly helps morale and I think actually has brightened her up too.
Been photographing wild orchids on the downs, a lovely open park land on the edge of the city.

Attachments

• more wild orchids.jpg
    more wild orchids.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 390

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Sorry to hear that c was feeling tired rob but am pleased that you were still able to get out and do your walking.... from what you told me about Nordic walking it sounds like hard work but rewarding...I hope that you will continue to enjoy it xx

Hi rob, hope alls OK with you and c.....did c make it today to day care if so I hope you've enjoyed your few hours....have you been out walking ....speak soon...look after yourself xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Gill, Lou, Jenny and everyone.

How are you all?

Are you back at work Lou, or still allowing yourself some time. Hope you are ok.

Are you out and about Gill, taking Chaos out in the summer sun?

C made her club today, they played some classical music and the manager said she is getting more cheeky. :D Went to a memory café yesterday, listened to some 50s and 60s music. It certainly helps morale and I think actually has brightened her up too.
Been photographing wild orchids on the downs, a lovely open park land on the edge of the city.

Hi rob we must of been posting at the same time....glad you have had a good day and c is enjoying herself... I'm going to pinch yet another of your excellent photos... I love this latest one too
I was out walking with chaos yesterday but poor little fellow has a bad stomach today so not been far....

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi rob we must of been posting at the same time....glad you have had a good day and c is enjoying herself... I'm going to pinch yet another of your excellent photos... I love this latest one too
I was out walking with chaos yesterday but poor little fellow has a bad stomach today so not been far....

Poor wee dog, hope he's fit again very soon.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Lou, morning Gill, morning Jenny,

How is everyone today? Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine.

Is Chaos recovering from his stomach problems Gill ?

Don't want to intrude on you Lou, just saying hello really.

Taking C out to a music memories café which has a jazz band playing, so should be a pleasant day.

All the best everyone.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Morning Lou, morning Gill, morning Jenny,

How is everyone today? Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine.

Is Chaos recovering from his stomach problems Gill ?

Don't want to intrude on you Lou, just saying hello really.

Taking C out to a music memories café which has a jazz band playing, so should be a pleasant day.

All the best everyone.
Hi rob , I was so glad to read that C enjoyed the club last week . The memory cafe sounds good . We don't have anything like that where I live , that I'm aware of . Things are ok with me , still have my moments but work keeping me occupied. Thank you for your very kind thoughts . I hope you and C are enjoying the lovely weather . Your latest photo was fabulous , I've saved the image . Your very talented .
Hi Gill , hope your doing ok . Have been out and about with my mum which has been good. I've also been out with my niece which has been nice . Hope the family are well and your enjoying walking chaos in the good weather . Xxx
Hi Jenny , how's things with yourself and the family . This weather will be good for your lovely granddaughter to enjoy .
Are any of you managing to get away for a break anytime soon . I had to cancel my wee break away I had planned , when my sister died . Hopefully be able to get away for a couple of nights in the next couple of months .
Keep well everyone . Xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi rob , I was so glad to read that C enjoyed the club last week . The memory cafe sounds good . We don't have anything like that where I live , that I'm aware of . Things are ok with me , still have my moments but work keeping me occupied. Thank you for your very kind thoughts . I hope you and C are enjoying the lovely weather . Your latest photo was fabulous , I've saved the image . Your very talented .
Hi Gill , hope your doing ok . Have been out and about with my mum which has been good. I've also been out with my niece which has been nice . Hope the family are well and your enjoying walking chaos in the good weather . Xxx
Hi Jenny , how's things with yourself and the family . This weather will be good for your lovely granddaughter to enjoy .
Are any of you managing to get away for a break anytime soon . I had to cancel my wee break away I had planned , when my sister died . Hopefully be able to get away for a couple of nights in the next couple of months .
Keep well everyone . Xxx
Hi rob, I hope that you and c have enjoyed your day...sounds good...does c like jazz ? xx

I've not really been out walking its been too hot here...chaos is suffering a bit with the heat.. but have had a relaxing time sitting in the garden with chaos sitting in the shade !!!
Lou,its good to hear from you,I'm pleased that you have been getting out with your mum and niece ...it will do you good..I'm sorry that you have had to cancel your break...I really hope that you will be able to get away somewhere before the summer ends xx
Sleep well everyone if you can in this heat....I know I didn't sleep much last night xx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hi Rob! Glad C had a good time. Love your photos.
Lou. Glad you are ok. PM me for a chat?
Did I tell you guys that mum fell last Tuesday? We were on a rare night out (how do our loved ones do it?)
Apologies if I have mentioned It! I work in a garden centre so have spent the last few days in temperatures well into the 90's!! Addled!!
No holidays for us. Mum gets unsettled. Instead we are doing lots of little things.
A day's falconry on Thursday. 2 nights in a lovely hotel next week. (The most we can do) A balloon flight. A family photoshoot. Tickets for the theatre and for the ballet!

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi rob, I hope that you and c have enjoyed your day...sounds good...does c like jazz ? xx

I've not really been out walking its been too hot here...chaos is suffering a bit with the heat.. but have had a relaxing time sitting in the garden with chaos sitting in the shade !!!
Lou,its good to hear from you,I'm pleased that you have been getting out with your mum and niece ...it will do you good..I'm sorry that you have had to cancel your break...I really hope that you will be able to get away somewhere before the summer ends xx
Sleep well everyone if you can in this heat....I know I didn't sleep much last night xx

Sorry I did not reply on Monday night Gill. The jazz / swing trio went down a treat, Christel had a smile as wide as the Bristol Channel the whole time. Hope you and Chaos are surviving the heat and you will feel better tomorrow when the fresher air arrives.

Glad you are out and about a bit Lou, with your niece joining you and your mum. I will join Gill in wishing you well and hope you can get away somewhere over the summer.

Jenny, hope your mum is feeling better now and you have a nice trip to the falconry tomorrow.

All the best everyone, and hello to everyone else joining our wee thread. Rob :)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Sorry I did not reply on Monday night Gill. The jazz / swing trio went down a treat, Christel had a smile as wide as the Bristol Channel the whole time. Hope you and Chaos are surviving the heat and you will feel better tomorrow when the fresher air arrives.

Glad you are out and about a bit Lou, with your niece joining you and your mum. I will join Gill in wishing you well and hope you can get away somewhere over the summer.

Jenny, hope your mum is feeling better now and you have a nice trip to the falconry tomorrow.

All the best everyone, and hello to everyone else joining our wee thread. Rob :)
Hi rob,so pleased that you both really enjoyed jazz,it must of been good for you to see c smiling and really enjoying herself,...is it a regular event or was it just a one off ?
Has c been to day care today ? if so have you been out photographing
We are ok ,chaos is back to his usual lively self constantly wanting to play and following me around everywhere
Please let us know how your day has been...take care xx
Hello Lou my friend...how are you doing,hope all is well with your mum and you....thinking of you xxx

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi rob,so pleased that you both really enjoyed jazz,it must of been good for you to see c smiling and really enjoying herself,...is it a regular event or was it just a one off ?
Has c been to day care today ? if so have you been out photographing
We are ok ,chaos is back to his usual lively self constantly wanting to play and following me around everywhere
Please let us know how your day has been...take care xx

Evening Gill,

Glad to hear Chaos is back to normal again and it's a bit fresher for your walks. C made her day centre today, so I joined the ramblers walking for health group to go and explore a part of the city I've driven past but never realised there were nature reserves and Roman ruins there. Jazz event is a monthly "music & memories" café we found through Dementia Wellbeing Service, so looking forward to the next one in July. :)

All the best to you and hope you are sleeping better these days. Rob :)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Gill,

Glad to hear Chaos is back to normal again and it's a bit fresher for your walks. C made her day centre today, so I joined the ramblers walking for health group to go and explore a part of the city I've driven past but never realised there were nature reserves and Roman ruins there. Jazz event is a monthly "music & memories" café we found through Dementia Wellbeing Service, so looking forward to the next one in July. :)

All the best to you and hope you are sleeping better these days. Rob :)

That walk sounds interesting rob,I like places like that,I'm pleased for you that c went today and also to hear that your music and memories event is monthly... It will give you something to look forward to ...which is always good for your morale
yes it has been fresher today ..better for walking... the last time that I went on my favourite walk I tried to take some photos on my phone...but they didn't turn out too good....I will try again next time ....but they won't be anywhere near as good as yours but hopefully you will be able to see why it is my favorite walk !! xx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

Hi Rob!

So glad you & Christel enjoyed the jazz!

Lou. How are you and your neice? Also glad you are getting out & about a bit!

Gill, how are you you & how is Chaos?

Mum is ok. The falconry day was amazing! Will try and post a photo when my phone is charged!!!!

Much love to you all xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi Rob!

So glad you & Christel enjoyed the jazz!

Lou. How are you and your neice? Also glad you are getting out & about a bit!

Gill, how are you you & how is Chaos?

Mum is ok. The falconry day was amazing! Will try and post a photo when my phone is charged!!!!

Much love to you all xxx

Hi all, just popping on to see if everyone is OK.. how are you doing Lou ? been thinking of you my friend xx
Rob , how are you and c doing ? , please let us know what you get up to on Thursday if c goes to day care xx
Jenny,pleased that you enjoyed the falconry day ,and that all is OK with your family xx
Going to go now...look forward to hearing from you all,goodnight all,take care xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi all, just popping on to see if everyone is OK.. how are you doing Lou ? been thinking of you my friend xx
Rob , how are you and c doing ? , please let us know what you get up to on Thursday if c goes to day care xx
Jenny,pleased that you enjoyed the falconry day ,and that all is OK with your family xx
Going to go now...look forward to hearing from you all,goodnight all,take care xxx

Afternoon Gill. How are you doing?

Been working hard helping C's son, but managed a wee game of bingo today. The plan for Thursday is to drop C off at her club and come back for a ploughman's lunch at our housing complex. Not sure if the ploughman will approve. :D I was going to let her off for one week to join in, but thought it best to keep the routine going.

Jenny, nice to hear your falconry day was a roaring success. Looking forward to the pictures.

Lou, how are you doing? Hope all is well with you, your mum, niece and rest of the family.

All the best everyone. :)

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Afternoon Gill. How are you doing?

Been working hard helping C's son, but managed a wee game of bingo today. The plan for Thursday is to drop C off at her club and come back for a ploughman's lunch at our housing complex. Not sure if the ploughman will approve. :D I was going to let her off for one week to join in, but thought it best to keep the routine going.

Jenny, nice to hear your falconry day was a roaring success. Looking forward to the pictures.

Lou, how are you doing? Hope all is well with you, your mum, niece and rest of the family.

All the best everyone. :)

Evening rob . So sorry I haven't replied sooner. Since going back to work I've been swamped with stuff to do . By the time I get home I'm exhausted and going to bed early . I'm doing ok thank you . I'm so glad to hear that C is still enjoying the club , it gives you a chance to get a very well deserved break . Hope the ploughmans was delicious ! Thank you again for your kind messages . Hope you and C take care . Lou

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland

Hi Gill . How are you? I'm doing better . Thank you for your kind messages . I've been really busy at work which has kept my mind busy . I read chaos hadn't been too well , hope he's well on the mend . Are you going to manage a holiday soon . Im off for a couple of nights in York . Im so looking forward to it . Will message you soon when I have a bit more time . I'm a bit tired tonight so heading to bed soon . Take care my friend , be in touch soon . Lou xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Rob! Glad C had a good time. Love your photos.
Lou. Glad you are ok. PM me for a chat?
Did I tell you guys that mum fell last Tuesday? We were on a rare night out (how do our loved ones do it?)
Apologies if I have mentioned It! I work in a garden centre so have spent the last few days in temperatures well into the 90's!! Addled!!
No holidays for us. Mum gets unsettled. Instead we are doing lots of little things.
A day's falconry on Thursday. 2 nights in a lovely hotel next week. (The most we can do) A balloon flight. A family photoshoot. Tickets for the theatre and for the ballet!

Hi Jenny . I'm so sorry to hear about your mum falling . I hope she's doing ok . As you say , these things always seem to happen when we are having a rare night out ! You know if can't be helped but you still feel like screaming ! I see you have done your falconry, that would be so good . Have you had your mini break ? I'm off to york in a few weeks , it can't come soon enough ! You have got a lot planned , I'm really excited for you , you certainly deserve it . I will message you for a chat . Hope you and the family are well . Take care and will be in touch soon . Lou xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening rob . So sorry I haven't replied sooner. Since going back to work I've been swamped with stuff to do . By the time I get home I'm exhausted and going to bed early . I'm doing ok thank you . I'm so glad to hear that C is still enjoying the club , it gives you a chance to get a very well deserved break . Hope the ploughmans was delicious ! Thank you again for your kind messages . Hope you and C take care . Lou

Enjoy your trip to York, Lou. Sorry to hear work is tiring you out, certainly sounds like you will appreciate a break. All the best, Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson