In need of a virtual hug

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I'm sending you a big bear hug from Newfoundland, I joined 3 days ago in complete and utter despair, ready to give up, because I am struggling with my mum being diagnosed with dementia Christmas day, I wont get into detail, but I am so exhausted as well, now shes in a phyciatric hospital, has been almost all my life, we only have each other, all I do is lay there and think about her, wishing I could take away her pain and praying all day all night, so I hope you get the rest you need ,and take care of yourself, its funny how I can say this but for myself I cant, lol. big hug for you from flystand, god bless you :)

Evening all hope everyone is OK and welcome flystand and thank you for your wishes I do hope things will get easier for you and your mum ...sorry all for the silence but been spending a lot of time at the hospital.. Dad is not doing too good again, his kidney function is not good and can't pass urine so he now has a catheter I just wonder where it will all end its heartbreaking... I've been thinking of you all and thanks all for thinking of me a big hug to you all xxx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
evening all
(does anyone else remember Dixon of Dock Green?)

I was so hoping your dad was stable, exhausted - am sending you a huge hot chocolate with all the trimmings, can't make anything right but is warm and comforting

dad's home is open again - so I saw him Monday and Tuesday - he wasn't letting the staff dress him so still in pjs, and it was as though he was wholly unaware that I hadn't visited for so long - which was both comforting and sad. It was good to see him and watch Monkey World together again.

to all, a good night

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening all hope everyone is OK and welcome flystand and thank you for your wishes I do hope things will get easier for you and your mum ...sorry all for the silence but been spending a lot of time at the hospital.. Dad is not doing too good again, his kidney function is not good and can't pass urine so he now has a catheter I just wonder where it will all end its heartbreaking... I've been thinking of you all and thanks all for thinking of me a big hug to you all xxx

Don't be sorry Exhausted, I am just sad your dad is not doing so well and hope you get some rest.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
evening all
(does anyone else remember Dixon of Dock Green?)

I was so hoping your dad was stable, exhausted - am sending you a huge hot chocolate with all the trimmings, can't make anything right but is warm and comforting

dad's home is open again - so I saw him Monday and Tuesday - he wasn't letting the staff dress him so still in pjs, and it was as though he was wholly unaware that I hadn't visited for so long - which was both comforting and sad. It was good to see him and watch Monkey World together again.

to all, a good night

I remember Dixon of dock green ...well I was young but can just about remember it xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
He was such a comforting figure, when he said his closing words each episode I felt safe.
I hope you got some rest - best wishes for whatever today brings - I guess that goes for all of us :)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Exhausted. Just sending best wishes and hope your dad is better, Rob.

Good evening rob and Lou thank you for thinking of us dad remains not too good spending a lot of time at the hospital ...but he's a trooper and here's hoping he will pull through ..I do hope you and your loved ones are all well ...has anyone heard from Heidi ? ..thanks again a big hug to you both xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Your welcome exhausted . No , I don't think I have seen anything posted from Heidi . I'm sitting here watching my mums monitor , praying that she settles and goes to sleep . She's been up 7 times since going to bed . Make that 8 times ! Aargh! Wish me luck cause I know I'm in for a night of it :-(
Lou X

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Your welcome exhausted . No , I don't think I have seen anything posted from Heidi . I'm sitting here watching my mums monitor , praying that she settles and goes to sleep . She's been up 7 times since going to bed . Make that 8 times ! Aargh! Wish me luck cause I know I'm in for a night of it :-(
Lou X

Oh Lou I'm sorry I know only too well what it is like and don't know what else I will have to deal with when dad comes home ...here's hoping that she will settle for you xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Lou X

That sounds awful Louby, is it another UTI or something else, OH has Vascular and has never been that bad thankfully. I hope you finally got some sleep. Best wishes to you both, Rob.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Good evening rob and Lou thank you for thinking of us dad remains not too good spending a lot of time at the hospital ...but he's a trooper and here's hoping he will pull through ..I do hope you and your loved ones are all well ...has anyone heard from Heidi ? ..thanks again a big hug to you both xxx

Sorry your dad is still struggling Exhausted, look after yourself and make sure you get help from Social Services when your dad comes home. All the best, Rob.

Not heard from or seen Heidi either, hope she and her dad are ok.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Thank you exhausted and rob , my mum eventually settled about 2 and slept until 8 , so that's good . Her stomach was a bit off during the day at her day centre , so that's probably the reason why . Your right rob , she has recurrent uti's which gp reluctant for antibiotics due to renal function , but I give her DMannose which helps a lot . Gave her some and a paracetamol last night so think that helped . She's bright and cheery this morning , so hopefully no repeat tonight . I hope your own loved ones had a good night and things s bit better today . Best wishes , Lou X

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you exhausted and rob , my mum eventually settled about 2 and slept until 8 , so that's good . Her stomach was a bit off during the day at her day centre , so that's probably the reason why . Your right rob , she has recurrent uti's which gp reluctant for antibiotics due to renal function , but I give her DMannose which helps a lot . Gave her some and a paracetamol last night so think that helped . She's bright and cheery this morning , so hopefully no repeat tonight . I hope your own loved ones had a good night and things s bit better today . Best wishes , Lou X

Glad your mum is a bit better Lou. OH is on so many tablets they have to check her kidneys every three months as well, if Dmanose is working that's half the battle. We are fine thanks, Rob.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Glad your mum is a bit better Lou. OH is on so many tablets they have to check her kidneys every three months as well, if Dmanose is working that's half the battle. We are fine thanks, Rob.

Morning rob and lou, glad your mum had a good night lou, pleased to hear that rob and oh are fine.. Off to the hospital shortly.. I wonder what today will bring xx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi exhausted. Sorry for my absence, but my phone went on the blink and it's my only access.

I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad is having a hard time. It must be really so hard for you both. I have been thinking of you while I was away.

Big ((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))

Lots of love Heidi xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi exhausted. Sorry for my absence, but my phone went on the blink and it's my only access.

I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad is having a hard time. It must be really so hard for you both. I have been thinking of you while I was away.

Big ((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))

Lots of love Heidi xx

Pleased to see you back Heidi, hope you and your dad are ok.

Evening Exhausted, I have not posted here for a day or two to give you a chance to spent time with your dad. I hope he is better than last week and you are ok too.

To Lou as well, I hope your mum is over her illness from Friday.

Best wishes to you all, Rob.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Morning rob and lou, glad your mum had a good night lou, pleased to hear that rob and oh are fine.. Off to the hospital shortly.. I wonder what today will bring xx

Hi Exhausted! Hope you are OK. At the start of the dementia journey with mum. Saw my dad through cancer so do understand what you are going through xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi rob and exhausted . Hope you and your loved ones are doing a bit better . My mum is better , thank you Rob . It must be very tiring for you exhausted with the visiting but I know you wouldn't have it any other way . When my own mum was in hospital a while back I would go every day after work to make sure she ate , would wash her and put her to bed . Then watch her sleep ! - silly I know .Did that for 6 weeks solid . It's what we do , then we wonder how we are so tired ! However I hope you are looking after yourself , eating properly and getting a sleep . Fingers crossed your dad feels better soon and you can worry a bit less , if that's possible . Take care both of you . Lou X

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi Rob.

Yes thanks, me and Dad are fine. I have just had my weekend off with my oh in the city, so we are settling back into our routine. How are you and your oh?

Morning exhausted. U hope you have had enough sleep and that you find your Dad a bit better today. Xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75