In need of a virtual hug

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Gill , thinking of you today ( 31st) on your dad's first anniversary . You never forget . A day of memories , hope they are happy ones . I'm sending you the biggest hug ({}) to wrap round you today, giving you love and support and letting you know I'm thinking of you , my dear friend . Xxxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi Gill , thinking of you today ( 31st) on your dad's first anniversary . You never forget . A day of memories , hope they are happy ones . I'm sending you the biggest hug ({}) to wrap round you today, giving you love and support and letting you know I'm thinking of you , my dear friend . Xxxx

Thank you my dear friend....been reflecting today,shed a few tears too ,its so good of you to think of me ...you being in the midst of your own grief.... thanks again for thinking of me and for the very welcome hug xxxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Lou, Rob, Gill, Jackie & anyone I've forgotten! I think of you often. Mum is nowhere as bad as your PWD, but I still worry, constantly!
Thinking of you all xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you my dear friend....been reflecting today,shed a few tears too ,its so good of you to think of me ...you being in the midst of your own grief.... thanks again for thinking of me and for the very welcome hug xxxx

Sorry I didn't reply last night Gill, hope you slept ok after a difficult day. I'm sure there was plenty of happy memories in there too. Best wishes, Rob

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Sorry I didn't reply last night Gill, hope you slept ok after a difficult day. I'm sure there was plenty of happy memories in there too. Best wishes, Rob

Thank you rob....yes there are happy memories.... Even after the dementia got a grip xx
Did c go to day care today ? ...if so did you enjoy your lunch ...I hope so xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi everyone . Just popping on to say hello. Hope you are ok Gill and hope yesterday was a time of quiet reflection for you as you remember your dear dad . Hope C enjoyed her club today , Rob . Hi Jenny , good to hear from you . Hope your little granddaughter is getting on fine and your mum is as ok as she can be . Lou xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you rob....yes there are happy memories.... Even after the dementia got a grip xx
Did c go to day care today ? ...if so did you enjoy your lunch ...I hope so xx

C went again, thanks Gill. She still says she won't like it on the way out and comes back happy, so worth a bit of gentle nudging. :) I got out for a wee walk, caught a glimpse of a kingfisher by the river and had lunch at a café in an informal event organised by the care support centre. A pretty good day.
How are you today?

Morning Lou, how are you?

Morning Jenny, nice to see you drop in the other day. How are you doing?

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
C went again, thanks Gill. She still says she won't like it on the way out and comes back happy, so worth a bit of gentle nudging. :) I got out for a wee walk, caught a glimpse of a kingfisher by the river and had lunch at a café in an informal event organised by the care support centre. A pretty good day.
How are you today?

Hi Rob, Lou et al!

I am good. Mum is a constant worry & my lovely Auntie (with dementia) has had a stroke. I am determined not to let alzheimer's completely rule my life. As it was hubby's and mine 60th birthdays we have a few 'doing' gifts! I have a falconry day booked (B&B booked for the previous night) hubby has a balloon flight to book. Our lovely daughters gave us a hotel voucher for Xmas so we have 2 nights in a luxury hotel coming up!
We also have a family photoshoot to arrange (another birthday gift!)
I can organize mum for the odd night or two! We haven't had a holiday for over four years so we are trying a few mini breaks
Glad you are getting a bit of time to yourself, Rob & glad C enjoys the club once she gets there!

Lou, my lovely. How are you? You spend so much time propping up other people! I would like to be a prop for you xxx

My baby granddaughter is a complete joy! She will be 9 weeks old on Sunday!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry to hear about your aunt, Jenny. Can't really offer any useful advice as I've luckily not been in that situation. Making a nuisance of yourself and telling everyone at the hospital that you are your aunt's carer may get someone to sit down and talk over the options with you, worked the last couple of times C was in hospital, but you are probably doing that anyway.
Hope you can get away for a few days over the summer on falconry and balloon rides as you certainly need it.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
How are you today?

Hi rob, really pleased that c went....and you were able to get out for a walk and see a kingfisher !! and as you say a pretty good day... just what you need
Sorry for the delay in replying but been away for the night last night...it was my brothers 65th birthday so my niece arranged for us to stay in a cottage in the moorlands for a get together.... Was really nice ...speak soon,take care xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi rob, really pleased that c went....and you were able to get out for a walk and see a kingfisher !! and as you say a pretty good day... just what you need
Sorry for the delay in replying but been away for the night last night...it was my brothers 65th birthday so my niece arranged for us to stay in a cottage in the moorlands for a get together.... Was really nice ...speak soon,take care xx

That sounds like a good night out, Gill :) All the best, Rob.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Gill.
Despite the threat of showers I'm hoping C will make it to her club tomorrow while I go off on a Nordic walking course. How are you?

Not seen Lou for a few days, hope you are well. Let us know how your sister's funeral arrangements went and how you are feeling, if that's not being intrusive.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Evening Gill.
Despite the threat of showers I'm hoping C will make it to her club tomorrow while I go off on a Nordic walking course. How are you?

Not seen Lou for a few days, hope you are well. Let us know how your sister's funeral arrangements went and how you are feeling, if that's not being intrusive.

Hi rob , Gill and Jenny . Thank you for thinking about me . My sister's funeral was a lovely service with a big turnout , which I'm pleased about . Everyone commented on how lovely it was . I then took her daughter and husband on a wee trip to the coast because my sister loved going to the seaside . It was a very fitting tribute to her . Thank you again for all your support . Everyone has been so kind . I hope C gets to her club and you get some well deserved me time to do your Nordic walk, Rob . Lou xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi rob , Gill and Jenny . Thank you for thinking about me . My sister's funeral was a lovely service with a big turnout , which I'm pleased about . Everyone commented on how lovely it was . I then took her daughter and husband on a wee trip to the coast because my sister loved going to the seaside . It was a very fitting tribute to her . Thank you again for all your support . Everyone has been so kind . I hope C gets to her club and you get some well deserved me time to do your Nordic walk, Rob . Lou xx
Really pleased Lou that all went well ,funerals as we all know are upsetting but it eases the pain a little if the service is done well....if know what I'm trying to say xx it was a nice gesture to take a trip to the coast and as you say a fitting tribute...take care my friend xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Gill.

Hope you can get to do your Nordic walking tomorrow rob...please let us know xx
I'm OK thank you but not been out much this week the weather here has been awful...like hurricane conditions at times !!...fingers crossed its going to improve again soon xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol

I'm pleased you got some comfort from your sister getting a big send off Lou and a wee family trip to the seaside as a tribute.
C didn't make it to her club today, she was a bit tired and her son was supposed to come down yesterday and changed her mind which left her a bit flat. Made it to Nordic walking which was hard work, but a great way to take my mind off other things.
Have a good weekend and look after yourself.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hope you can get to do your Nordic walking tomorrow rob...please let us know xx
I'm OK thank you but not been out much this week the weather here has been awful...like hurricane conditions at times !!...fingers crossed its going to improve again soon xx

Glad you are doing ok Gill. Hopefully summer will come back and you and Chaos will get out and about. IT was a bit wet and windy when arrived for walking session, but it was fine once we started so enjoyed it. As I said to Lou, C was not quite up for her club today, but she will be ok.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Glad you are doing ok Gill. Hopefully summer will come back and you and Chaos will get out and about. IT was a bit wet and windy when arrived for walking session, but it was fine once we started so enjoyed it. As I said to Lou, C was not quite up for her club today, but she will be ok.

Sorry to hear that c was feeling tired rob but am pleased that you were still able to get out and do your walking.... from what you told me about Nordic walking it sounds like hard work but rewarding...I hope that you will continue to enjoy it xx