In need of a virtual hug

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Morning exhausted. Louby is right. Get yourself a good, hearty breakfast before you go out this morning. Something for your body to work with until you have your lunch time sandwiches. You may not feel like it, but it will help you cope better if your body has its fuel. I hope you have managed to get some rest and that you will see some improvements today. You and your Dad are in my thoughts. Lots of love and ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) Heidi xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you Heidi I do hope that your dad is OK ...I've been back from the hospital a couple of hour's now dad has a serious build up of fluid in his lungs ,his legs and feet are swelling also... He is on oxygen and iv antibiotics plus a form of water tablet that is fed via the drip too ..thought I was losing him today ..what a start to the year we have had ..I think that I will take your advice and get myself a tonic as I am feeling washed out and am worried sick about dad ..hope that you , rob and everyone else has a good night tonight ..thinking of all of you who are battling this awful disease. goodnight all xxxx

Afternoon Exhausted, nothing I can add to what Louby, Shedrech and Heidi already said, so just send you my best, hopefully the doctors can do something to bring down the swelling and infection.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Exhausted

Has everyone knows by now (who have read my posts) dad does not sleep at night and we have just had three weeks from hell with him.. Don't want to bore anyone with the details but after last night I rang the doctor and told him that I needed emergency respite and explained what had been going on... He decided to come out and assess dad and on telling him that Dad had been having some intermittent shoulder and chest pain he sent us to the hospital.. I've just returned and learned that dad has had a mild heart attack discovered by a blood test as he has a pacemaker.. I feel so bad because I have been losing my patience with him due to lack of sleep... So need a hug please... Also the raid team are going to assess him whilst he is in hospital because his moods are turning to aggression.. I'm just hoping that they will be able to come up with some solution for his sleeplessness.. Feel better now I've got it off my chest.. Exhausted 2015 xx

Don't let the guilt monster torment you. You are doing a great job. Get some sleep. Virtual hug on way to you.

Aisling ( ireland)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Dad is a trooper

Evening all just popped on to say dad is doing a lot better today ,nurses say he his confused but medically he is a lot better ..I really don't know where this 91 year old finds his strength... But I'm relieved he has ..since June apart from the mixed dementia he has pulled through an hip fracture , several flare ups of diverticulitis,pneumonia, heart attack,chest infection,fluid on the lungs ( pneumonia again ? ) fluid retension in his legs and feet,dehydration... But the old soldier battles on ...so proud of him ...goodnight all hope your night is peaceful xxxxx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
So pleased exhausted,that dad is feeling better and is being so well looked after x
Hope you have a peaceful good rest tonight.
Chris

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
I too am so pleased to hear that your Dad has started to improve. What a lovely post to wake up to !! He is a really strong person and you have clearly inherited his tenacity. Here 's hoping that you have had a restful sleep and that the day brings yet more positivity.

Xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening all just popped on to say dad is doing a lot better today ,nurses say he his confused but medically he is a lot better ..I really don't know where this 91 year old finds his strength... But I'm relieved he has ..since June apart from the mixed dementia he has pulled through an hip fracture , several flare ups of diverticulitis,pneumonia, heart attack,chest infection,fluid on the lungs ( pneumonia again ? ) fluid retension in his legs and feet,dehydration... But the old soldier battles on ...so proud of him ...goodnight all hope your night is peaceful xxxxx

That's good news Exhausted. My mum always said my granny was Clyde built ( a reference to the shipyards) and it looks like your dad is made of similar qualities. Hope you got a good sleep after your good news. best wishes as ever, Rob

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
He's an amazing chap, your dad - must have a real passion for life :)
I hope you felt more settled yourself, and had a good sleep.

Dad's home is almost clear of the D&V, and his floor has stayed clear, thank goodness; well, actually thank the good work of the staff! He's been fine, too; and I know they'd call if he needed me to visit.
And we've a good bit of snow here. So no visit today, but should be able to see him tomorrow. Think I'll wrap up and go walk around the local park, if the visitor centre is open there'll be tea and cake :D

Keep warm everyone; here's hoping for a good day for us all
especially you and your dad exhausted 2015

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
He's an amazing chap, your dad - must have a real passion for life :)
I hope you felt more settled yourself, and had a good sleep.

Dad's home is almost clear of the D&V, and his floor has stayed clear, thank goodness; well, actually thank the good work of the staff! He's been fine, too; and I know they'd call if he needed me to visit.
And we've a good bit of snow here. So no visit today, but should be able to see him tomorrow. Think I'll wrap up and go walk around the local park, if the visitor centre is open there'll be tea and cake :D

Keep warm everyone; here's hoping for a good day for us all
especially you and your dad exhausted 2015
Thanks again everyone for your wishes, I really do appreciate your support xx just going to battle through the snow to go to the hospital now ..hope you manage a walk out and a cuppa shedrech and hopefully you can visit your dad tomorrow.. Going to go now hugs to you all xxxxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sounds like your dad is a TOB like my mum

for politeness - he's a tough old boy and mum a tough old bird :D

Keep warm xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
That's great news exhausted , his generation never lie down easily to anything , just like my mum ! I would like to think I take after her, I've not had one sick day in 33 years of nursing , fingers crossed . He really is a remarkable fellow and I wish him a speedy return to good health and best wishes and a hug for you , for all the emotions that you have gone through lately . Take care of yourself . Lou X

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
That's great news exhausted , his generation never lie down easily to anything , just like my mum ! I would like to think I take after her, I've not had one sick day in 33 years of nursing , fingers crossed . He really is a remarkable fellow and I wish him a speedy return to good health and best wishes and a hug for you , for all the emotions that you have gone through lately . Take care of yourself . Lou X

Thank you Lou ,you take care too xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Dad has now had a fall

Don't know when this is going to end ...the hospital telephoned me about an hour ago to let me know dad had fallen in the bathroom... He's been checked over and had ECG and is OK ...just hope this doesn't set him back xxx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Oh, exhausted, I'm sorry to hear your news. I know there's nothing we can say to really help, but we are thinking of you.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Don't know when this is going to end ...the hospital telephoned me about an hour ago to let me know dad had fallen in the bathroom... He's been checked over and had ECG and is OK ...just hope this doesn't set him back xxx

Morning Exhausted. Sorry about the fall, though I am sure he will bounce back physically. Sending all my best wishes for his recovery from any emotional dementia setback, Rob.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi all
same here exhausted 2015 - hope your dad is OK and that you are fine, maybe giving yourself a treat

flystand

Jan 18, 2016
Mt Pearl,St John's nl
Hi, im new here, i am 33 years old, and am struggling with my mums diaganosis

I'm sending you a big bear hug from Newfoundland, I joined 3 days ago in complete and utter despair, ready to give up, because I am struggling with my mum being diagnosed with dementia Christmas day, I wont get into detail, but I am so exhausted as well, now shes in a phyciatric hospital, has been almost all my life, we only have each other, all I do is lay there and think about her, wishing I could take away her pain and praying all day all night, so I hope you get the rest you need ,and take care of yourself, its funny how I can say this but for myself I cant, lol. big hug for you from flystand, god bless you :)