In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Heidi sorry to hear that you have had a bad day ,I know only too well what anti biotics can do ,I don't envy your journey tomorrow in the pts ambulance but hope all goes well for you and your dad , I haven't been able to visit dad today ...feeling too unwell I've never had a cold like this before I'm so weak I can hardly walk...just hope I'm better tomorrow so that I can go ...sister has been but its not the same as going myself...well goodnight all think I might actually sleep tonight if I can stop perspiring xxx

Morning Exhausted, sorry about your cold. If it was me I would take a few days off to rest and drink as much lemsip as possible, let your sister and the professionals look after your dad. Hope you are better soon, Rob.

Morning Heidi, good luck with the angioplasty and the podiatry. Hope you get some of the drier weather we are enjoying if you a lot of laundry. Glad your dad is taking it in his stride, probably his military training. Best wishes, Rob

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi exhausted and Rob.

Just wanted to say that the trip to podiatry went well and we came through it tired, but unscathed. They were satisfied that the nurses had advised a pressure relieving cushion under his feet at night and don't need to see him again. So now we are waiting for a scan to find out if an angioplasty is necessary.

Re the weather - this morning looked promising, but it soon rained. Didn't have any laundry to do today, so that was good.

Are you feeling better now exhausted? How are things going with your dad?

Have you and oh been able to get out and about Rob? The first nice day we have, I'm going to wrap dad up and take him out in the wheelchair.

I hope all is well.

Heidi

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Heidi, hope you are recovering from your trip and the pressure relief cushion works. Good luck with the scan. I managed to get out for a wee walk in the mendips yesterday, but OH was tired out from lunch with her daughter on tues so let her sleep. They say its going to snow tomorrow, but hopefully you can get your dad out soon. best wishes, Rob.

Morning Exhausted, not seen you posting for a couple of days. Hope you have had a rest and the cold is getting better. Best wishes to you and your dad, how is he ? Rob

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Heidi, hope you are recovering from your trip and the pressure relief cushion works. Good luck with the scan. I managed to get out for a wee walk in the mendips yesterday, but OH was tired out from lunch with her daughter on tues so let her sleep. They say its going to snow tomorrow, but hopefully you can get your dad out soon. best wishes, Rob.

Morning Exhausted, not seen you posting for a couple of days. Hope you have had a rest and the cold is getting better. Best wishes to you and your dad, how is he ? Rob

Hi Heidi and rob hope alls Ok with you I've not posted for a couple of days I've been really poorly felt a bit better yesterday so went to see dad.. Been again today and what a change in him the doctor thinks he has a virus.. He looks awful and he was very confused and was hallucinating we are just waiting for bloods to come back.. I'm really worried about his I really don't know how much more he can take.. Xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Heidi and rob hope alls Ok with you I've not posted for a couple of days I've been really poorly felt a bit better yesterday so went to see dad.. Been again today and what a change in him the doctor thinks he has a virus.. He looks awful and he was very confused and was hallucinating we are just waiting for bloods to come back.. I'm really worried about his I really don't know how much more he can take.. Xx

So sorry to hear that about your dad Exhausted. Not much to say other than send you all my best wishes, Rob.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi exhausted 2015, I am really sorry to hear that your dad is not well. I hope he feels better soon. As you know they can be very resilient, so hopefully he will respond to treatment. Hope you're feeling better too. You must be run down worrying about your dad. Please take care of yourself. Best wishes, Lou. X

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi exhausted 2015, I am really sorry to hear that your dad is not well. I hope he feels better soon. As you know they can be very resilient, so hopefully he will respond to treatment. Hope you're feeling better too. You must be run down worrying about your dad. Please take care of yourself. Best wishes, Lou. X

Hi Lou thank you so much for your wishes..spoke to the hospital earlier and they have confirmed dad has infection somewhere according to the blood test he also has some rectal bleeding... Poor dad he was so poorly earlier and was seeing all manner of things including horses on the day room floor thanks again my best wishes to you xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Lou thank you so much for your wishes..spoke to the hospital earlier and they have confirmed dad has infection somewhere according to the blood test he also has some rectal bleeding... Poor dad he was so poorly earlier and was seeing all manner of things including horses on the day room floor thanks again my best wishes to you xx

Sorry to hear that exhausted, you don't that on top of everything. best wishes to you both, Rob.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Oh how awful for your poor dad . Hopefully his blood results will show up something that can be easily treated ,so that he feels better . Try and get some rest yourself so that you are strong enough to support him. Let us know how the both of you are tomorrow . Take care .Lou X

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
oh exhausted 2015 - I was so hoping you weren't posting because you were sleeping and relaxing - should have known better
here's hoping you yourself are on the mend
and that the hospital keep your poor dad comfortable and work out what is going on with him
very warm wishes for you both

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
What an awful time you are both having exhausted. At least your Dad is in a position to get diagnosis and treatment at the first instance, but still.....so distressing for him and you both. As soon as they figure out what antibiotics are needed, they will start a course, so improvements should come in the next few days. It might be an idea for you to take a tonic to help you get over your cold and feel in better health in general. I have taken one after illness and it helped a lot. I don't want to give the actual names due to forum rules, but if you wanted to ask the pharmacist for a tonic called Meta-something, or Flora-something, you could see which one you liked the look of. Just an idea of how you could get your strength up for the days ahead if you felt like it. Keep your chin up sunshine. Thinking of you xx

Hi Rob. I'm glad to hear that you got out for a walk in the fresh air. I did too today, as the neighbour came to chat with Dad. It did me good. Dad finds the cushion for his feet comfortable and it's doing the job so far thanks. I hope your oh had a good rest and recovered from the enjoyable fatigue of the lunch with her daughter. I think realistically it will have to be warmer when I take Dad out. It would be nicer for me than for him in this cold, but the days are getting longer already.......

All the best, Heidi

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
oh exhausted 2015 - I was so hoping you weren't posting because you were sleeping and relaxing - should have known better
here's hoping you yourself are on the mend
and that the hospital keep your poor dad comfortable and work out what is going on with him
very warm wishes for you both

Thanks all for your support.
Just back from a&e dad had severe breathing problems so they transfered him.. He now has a chest infection and is on oxygen and antibiotics.. This is just two weeks after his heart attack..poor dad But now he's back on the dementia care unit at the mental health hospital.. They have been brilliant with dad I can't sing their praises enough.. Goodnight all or should I say good morning.. Thanks again to everyone xxx going to get some sleep now xx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
((((((((Morning exhausted.)))))))))

What a long night and an awful few days you and Dad have had. Now they have got the treatment plan in place, he is comfortable and being looked after round the clock, you can concentrate on providing your loving support and being there for him. It must be so shocking for you to see him in his hospital bed, but you can rest easy in the knowledge that he is being well cared for in the right place. Keep your spirits up and take care of yourself.

Lots of love and hugs xx Heidi xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks all for your support.
Just back from a&e dad had severe breathing problems so they transfered him.. He now has a chest infection and is on oxygen and antibiotics.. This is just two weeks after his heart attack..poor dad But now he's back on the dementia care unit at the mental health hospital.. They have been brilliant with dad I can't sing their praises enough.. Goodnight all or should I say good morning.. Thanks again to everyone xxx going to get some sleep now xx

Morning Exhausted, hope you are having a good sleep as I write this. Sorry to hear your dad's problems just keep piling up, best wishes and as much strength as I can give you both. That Meta-whatsit tonic that Heidi mentioned works well as does Complan for energy. Though they are both a bit sweet, so not so good if you are diabetic.

Morning Heidi, glad the cushion is working and you are able to get out in this fresher air. Hope it gets warmer soon for your dad. We are resting again after a wee trip to photo exhibition, but seems trivial compared to Exhausted's troubles. All the best, Rob

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Exhausted, hope you are having a good sleep as I write this. Sorry to hear your dad's problems just keep piling up, best wishes and as much strength as I can give you both. That Meta-whatsit tonic that Heidi mentioned works well as does Complan for energy. Though they are both a bit sweet, so not so good if you are diabetic.

Morning Heidi, glad the cushion is working and you are able to get out in this fresher air. Hope it gets warmer soon for your dad. We are resting again after a wee trip to photo exhibition, but seems trivial compared to Exhausted's troubles. All the best, Rob

Good afternoon all hope all is ok with you all, I'm back with dad waiting to be transferred back to the hospital again as.his breathing has gone down bank and the doctors need to investigate what is happening.. What an awful time for dad xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Good afternoon all hope all is ok with you all, I'm back with dad waiting to be transferred back to the hospital again as.his breathing has gone down bank and the doctors need to investigate what is happening.. What an awful time for dad xx

Poor man, back and forth a few times. Hope the doctors get a proper diagnosis and care plan this time Exhausted, and you got some rest in between. Best wishes, R

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
So sorry that your Dad is having such a hard time exhausted. I can understand why it's difficult for you to sleep. All I can say is that I am thinking of you and your Dad.

Xx Heidi xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
So sorry that your Dad is having such a hard time exhausted. I can understand why it's difficult for you to sleep. All I can say is that I am thinking of you and your Dad.

Xx Heidi xx

Thank you Heidi I do hope that your dad is OK ...I've been back from the hospital a couple of hour's now dad has a serious build up of fluid in his lungs ,his legs and feet are swelling also... He is on oxygen and iv antibiotics plus a form of water tablet that is fed via the drip too ..thought I was losing him today ..what a start to the year we have had ..I think that I will take your advice and get myself a tonic as I am feeling washed out and am worried sick about dad ..hope that you , rob and everyone else has a good night tonight ..thinking of all of you who are battling this awful disease. goodnight all xxxx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
No words - just sending a warm blanket of sympathy, wrap yourself in it and sleep
sweet dreams

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi exhausted2015 , what an awful time you are going through . Hopefully the diuretic will help offload some of the fluid from his chest and that his antibiotics start working . I do hope he is comfortable . Taking a tonic is good but you also need to eat and drink as best you can , which I'm sure your not doing recently . I hope you and your dad get a good nights rest . Take care . Lou X