In need of a virtual hug

copsham

Oct 11, 2012
Oxfordshire
Hello Exhausted 2015
Just catching up with your post. Don't things happen quickly!

Sleep is a thing that evades a lot of us. Do try something from a health food shop. I find "Sleepy time" tea works for me and there's lots of other things to choose from.

You are so good to your Dad and I am glad he is in a place that you are happy with. :)

DMac

Jul 18, 2015
Surrey, UK
Hi Heidi. Can't sleep tonight hence still on tp sorry to hear that your dad cannot find someone to chat to ...how about the British legion could they help ? Xxx dad will not talk about the action he was involved in but more of the light hearted side of things ..but lately we hear the same stories over and over again... Going to try to get some sleep again now xx thanks also to Lou and fizzie for their continued support... These are dark days for me but there is some light on here ...goodnight everyone hope that it is a peaceful one xxx

Exhausted, just hoping you did get some rest last night, and that you are able to take care of YOU today. Hope your dad has had a more settled night, too. xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Exhausted, sorry my previous posts have been a bit useless. I just wanted to say I have been moved by your plight and am pleased you can see some light at the end of it all, hope both you and your dad got some sleep last night. Best wishes, Rob

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Exhausted, sorry my previous posts have been a bit useless. I just wanted to say I have been moved by your plight and am pleased you can see some light at the end of it all, hope both you and your dad got some sleep last night. Best wishes, Rob

Thank you rob.. Your posts as with all the others have been a tremendous support to Me I'm so grateful to you all.. Got to go now just off to see dad xx a big hug to you all xxx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hope you have had a good visit with your Dad today exhausted. I'm so tired, I'm going cross eyed, so I will wish you a peaceful night.

Heidi xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hope you have had a good visit with your Dad today exhausted. I'm so tired, I'm going cross eyed, so I will wish you a peaceful night.

Heidi xx

Hello Heidi thank you I did have a good Visit I'm really impressed with the unit although not looking forward to meeting with consultant physiatrist and his team I think its because they won't be able to help ...I haven't been to see dad today as I have been feeling unwell and don't want to pass anything on to him ..I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow so that I can go ...sorry for the late post ..I'm not able to sleep again xxx I do hope that you were able to get some sleep and that your dad is OK ...a big hug to you xx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Morning exhausted. I had a good night and am feeling well rested thanks.

Sorry to hear that you are unwell. Hopefully it will be a 24 hour bug.

It's good that you are satisfied with the unit. I can understand your trepidations about the meeting, but.......it's a necessary evil and maybe....just maybe they will surprise you.

This time must be so worrying, but at least you know that your Dad is safe and comfortable. I hope you are feeling better.

Xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Exhausted, morning Heidi.

Sorry to hear you have a bug on top of everything Exhausted, hope you finally got a good sleep. There must be something the doctors can give you, I probably should not recommend co codamol but it did help me sleep when my legs were bad a few years ago.

All the best to you and your dad, Rob

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
morning
'tis the season of bugs and tiredness - and worry
dad's home has the D&V virus so am staying away; and my cough is a stayer

hope the meeting is productive, exhausted 2015 - it must be a relief that the unit is so good
and hope you also slept well

there's sunshine here - we could do with some all round - wishing you, your dads and wife all as well as can be

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
morning
'tis the season of bugs and tiredness - and worry
dad's home has the D&V virus so am staying away; and my cough is a stayer

hope the meeting is productive, exhausted 2015 - it must be a relief that the unit is so good
and hope you also slept well

there's sunshine here - we could do with some all round - wishing you, your dads and wife all as well as can be

Good evening all hope that you are all OK ...hope your cough is easing shedrech ..I'm still feeling unwell but have been to see dad today also my estranged niece turned up ...she was horrified to see how her grandad was looking has she has not seen him for 7 months ( which we all know with dementia sufferers how quickly they can decline ) so let's hope she will make more of an effort to see him...to get back to dad he looked tired today..the nurse said that he had not been so obsessed with visiting the bathroom today ..but I cringed when she told me that he had used someone else's bedroom floor as a toilet and then cleaned it up with his pajama top ...my poor dad..he would be mortified if he realised what he had done ... A big hug to you all xxx here's hoping I will be able to sleep tonight..I can't seem to switch off ....going to have a glass or two of wine to see if that helps..that's my excuse anyway xxx

Last edited:

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Hoping the wine nicely relaxes you Exhausted - but if it doesn't work perhaps you might consider going to see your own GP? I know not everyone likes taking medication and am hoping the wine and relief that your Dad is being cared for will work. But you've had a very tough time and if the stress of the situation won't let you rest properly then it might be something to consider.

Take care - your dad is so lucky to have you.

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Evening all.

I hope that wine has done the trick and that you are sleeping /sleepy by now exhausted. I'm ready to hit the hay as per usual.

So sorry to hear about your Dad's tiredness and confusion. Such a cruel, cruel disease. :'(

Let's hope your niece will step up to the mark and offer some comfort to you and her Grandad. When family start to pull together it does make a difference.

Xx

Hi Rob.

How are you and OH? We have had more bloomin rain all day. Had a phone call from California and they are in the middle of an extreme drought, so I guess I shouldn't grumble.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening all.

I hope that wine has done the trick and that you are sleeping /sleepy by now exhausted. I'm ready to hit the hay as per usual.

So sorry to hear about your Dad's tiredness and confusion. Such a cruel, cruel disease. :'(

Let's hope your niece will step up to the mark and offer some comfort to you and her Grandad. When family start to pull together it does make a difference.

Xx

Hi Rob.

How are you and OH? We have had more bloomin rain all day. Had a phone call from California and they are in the middle of an extreme drought, so I guess I shouldn't grumble.

Hi Heidi three glasses of wine down and still here !!! Hope everyone has a restful night ..goodnight all xxx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Morning exhausted. At least if you sleep late, you don't have to get up early. I hope you are feeling somewhat refreshed. Have a good day today. Thinking about you.

Xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Heidi three glasses of wine down and still here !!! Hope everyone has a restful night ..goodnight all xxx

Morning Exhausted, hope you finally got some sleep. Social Services have told me I can get a one off payment to spend on anything including reiki or indian head massage to release stress, so I will give it a try and let you know if it works. It was good for you that your niece came to visit your dad, hopefully she will give you some help and support now. You certainly have a decent network on here now.
All the best, Rob.

Morning Heidi, we are fine here thanks, rain is clearing up. How are you and your dad? Hope the British Legion can help.
Rob

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Exhausted, hope you finally got some sleep. Social Services have told me I can get a one off payment to spend on anything including reiki or indian head massage to release stress, so I will give it a try and let you know if it works. It was good for you that your niece came to visit your dad, hopefully she will give you some help and support now. You certainly have a decent network on here now.
All the best, Rob.

Morning Heidi, we are fine here thanks, rain is clearing up. How are you and your dad? Hope the British Legion can help.
Rob

Morning rob and Heidi hope all is well with you two... Pleased to hear rob about the one off payment hope that it will be beneficial for you.. And you are right rob I've wonderful support on here and will always be grateful xx I'm barking like a dog this morning but did manage to get a few hours sleep xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning rob and Heidi hope all is well with you two... Pleased to hear rob about the one off payment hope that it will be beneficial for you.. And you are right rob I've wonderful support on here and will always be grateful xx I'm barking like a dog this morning but did manage to get a few hours sleep xxx

Morning Exhausted, glad you got some sleep. Best of luck with whatever the day brings for you and your dad, Rob.

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi guys.

I'm sorry to hear you were feeling ruff ruff this morning exhausted Hope you have had a good and positive day and will sleep better tonight. I'm taking after you today, as in. - exhausted. It's been a busy day dealing with the messy side of antibiotics - lots of laundry. Plus, the nurses have decided to re refer Dad for a second angioplasty, as the Doppler showed very little pulse in his foot and that is why his ankle ulcer isn't healing. Poor Dad is so stoical and takes it in his stride. I give him regular painkillers, but it is obviously painful for him. We have got a podiatry appointment tomorrow, which will mean an hour in the PTS ambulance as we are so rural. Oh well. Dad usually enjoys a trip out.

The Reiki / Indian head massage will be great for oh Rob. It will be really relaxing for her and will make her feel nice. What a positive thing! I'll get on to the British Legion and see what they can come up with. Dad is very proud of what he went through as a teenager / young man - he was the radar operator. I am in awe of his achievements.

All the best, Heidi

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi guys.

I'm sorry to hear you were feeling ruff ruff this morning exhausted Hope you have had a good and positive day and will sleep better tonight. I'm taking after you today, as in. - exhausted. It's been a busy day dealing with the messy side of antibiotics - lots of laundry. Plus, the nurses have decided to re refer Dad for a second angioplasty, as the Doppler showed very little pulse in his foot and that is why his ankle ulcer isn't healing. Poor Dad is so stoical and takes it in his stride. I give him regular painkillers, but it is obviously painful for him. We have got a podiatry appointment tomorrow, which will mean an hour in the PTS ambulance as we are so rural. Oh well. Dad usually enjoys a trip out.

The Reiki / Indian head massage will be great for oh Rob. It will be really relaxing for her and will make her feel nice. What a positive thing! I'll get on to the British Legion and see what they can come up with. Dad is very proud of what he went through as a teenager / young man - he was the radar operator. I am in awe of his achievements.

All the best, Heidi

Hi Heidi sorry to hear that you have had a bad day ,I know only too well what anti biotics can do ,I don't envy your journey tomorrow in the pts ambulance but hope all goes well for you and your dad , I haven't been able to visit dad today ...feeling too unwell I've never had a cold like this before I'm so weak I can hardly walk...just hope I'm better tomorrow so that I can go ...sister has been but its not the same as going myself...well goodnight all think I might actually sleep tonight if I can stop perspiring xxx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
So sorry to hear about your nasty cold exhausted. It's not chosen a good time to come. I hope you have managed to get a decent night. Maybe dose yourself up and have a morning in bed?

If your sister is able to visit dad, that is the next best thing as she can give you feedback and you can always phone the unit. It must be frustrating for you. Get well soon

Fingers crossed re the road trip today. Dad has been having this particular problem long term, even before the antibiotics, so it's always nerve wracking.

Look after yourself today.

Xx