In denial

Lesleypol

Mar 27, 2020
My aunt has early signs of dementia but both her and my Uncle are in denial. They have always managed together as a team but now he is extremely immobile and they can’t do things they used to ie : he can’t drive now, which makes shopping etc impossible. He had a fall and had to go for re-hab, my Aunt had to go too as she can’t be left on her own but thinks she can. It seems extremely unlikely that they will cope at home but it’s all they want to do. I feel like I’m letting them down in all ways but I’m scared if they go home it will end in disaster.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Lesleypol,

I’m sorry to read about your aunt and uncle’s situation. You’re not letting them down in any way. You obviously care very much for them.

Are they in residential rehab just now? If so Is it possible that they can stay given the current circumstances?

I’m glad you found the forum. You’ll get lots of help and support here.

Lesleypol

Mar 27, 2020
Welcome to the forum @Lesleypol,

I’m sorry to read about your aunt and uncle’s situation. You’re not letting them down in any way. You obviously care very much for them.

Are they in residential rehab just now? If so Is it possible that they can stay given the current circumstances?

I’m glad you found the forum. You’ll get lots of help and support here.
Hello

Lesleypol

Mar 27, 2020
Hello Izzy,
They can stay where they are but regardless of the problems they have they just want to be at home. I do understand how they must be feeling because this all happened suddenly but I worry about their safety. I’ve talked to my Uncle about staying while we are all in” lockdown”and he seems ok so far but I know my Aunt isn’t.
Thank you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN