In defence of social workers.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
So right about trust Dick.

I must say that the way you have wrote above , those words you come across very professional, so I can only thing that when you talk to social worker what services you want she listen .

Me I came across a bubbling mess of words conversation jumping all over the place never geting to the point , I can not gather my thoughts, stress and me just don’t get on .

All My SW want to know is what is my point , what do I want , Yes compassion is not in her work Vocabulary, because her hands are tied by her employer .

Like you to sunlight that has happen to me cried to social worker on the phone around a few years back, they not worried about us but they client the person we look after .
only when we assert ourselves on the phone do they really stand up and listen, get back up from doctors showing how the stress is affecting us , so they give us more services .

We have to learn how to handel stress , we are under in a firm assertive away , with out letting our emotion that brings tears or anger In to the conversation with them . when you feel Those tears coming put the phone down , because they walk all over you and surprise you, thinking oh she put up with anything , that’s good make my job easer . So ring her back

I think I need a man like Dick in my life :) to talk my social worker , she soon get her finger out then.

Last edited: