1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Weds 28 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 28 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Hi mydadslife
    I was sorry to read your update
    you really did your best for your dad
    and I'm glad he's now at peace
    my condolences to you

2. mydadslife

mydadslife Registered User

Jan 20, 2016
    Thank you...

3. Princess t

Princess t Registered User

Mar 15, 2016
    I have just read through your post and am crying, I hope you and your family are well, enjoy your family and think only of the good times xx

4. Louby65

Louby65 Registered User

Mar 26, 2014
    Scotland
    I am so sorry to read about your dad . You have been a tremendous son who supported your dad through the darkest of days . For a while you will only remember what's happened in the last few months but very soon you will remember the good times you had with your dad . It's time for you to take care of yourself and your family . Best wishes , Lou

5. Amy in the US

Amy in the US Registered User

Feb 28, 2015
    USA
    I was very sorry to read your update, mydadslife. Please accept my condolences on the death of your father. You have been through so much lately and it's a lot to process and take in. It takes time. It's not easy. Don't be hard on yourself when you're upset, or when things are difficult.

Please be kind to yourself, enjoy your family, and don't hesitate to reach out to seek help if you need it.

Very best wishes to you and your family.

6. mydadslife

mydadslife Registered User

Jan 20, 2016
    Thank you

Thank you everyone...

Thank you.......