im thinking of leaving this site...

Trish_B

May 30, 2012
Buckinghamshire
I wish I had found this site many years ago while I was struggling with Mum and before I lost her at Christmas.

I felt very alone, was very alone and spent many days, weeks, months on auto pilot, caring for mum in the home, working, raising a family and making myself ill.

Use the threads to vent your anger, seek advice and eventually, to offer advice.

You'll never be alone while you're here and that is probably the most important feeling of all is that you feel alone and nobody cares/knows what you're going through.

Trish

jackanory

May 10, 2011
jackenory I left for a time

I hav e dementia and left for a year and this is my first post back , my sisters both were afected and i was down for a while .But the suport you find on sight is good and helpful i am on arecept and doing ok so dont give up jackenory

jeannius

May 2, 2012
Please don't...

When i joined I thought oh here we go and and as I work for Adult Social Care thought I knew a lot of the answers however with all the wonderful suggestions being made by carers whose relatives have dementia I have enjoyed this site and the love that exudes in people wanting to help other people. Working in social care you think it will all be so easy - I am not a social worker - but it isn't. I seem to have been left on my own to look after my mother and as we live in the same house I feel that with work and looking out for mum I have it 24/7 like a lot of you. I have had to put it on the line with my GP that I find the constant second guessing of what my mum is trying to say, my inability to be patient, resentful I have been left with my mum- I suffer anxiety/depression anyway - and the constant repetition of me keep saying things to her over and over and her repeating things over and over very stressful. I am lucky in that I am able to get out and about but for a lot of you that may not be possible.
So please try and see that although this is an upsetting site and disease the need to love your loved one, let your emotions out, be kind to yourself, allow any guilt out and if you are religious give it to God, even if you aren't give it to God to deal with the anger, resentment, guilt etc. I do,He can take it! I am not going to apologise for this statement because as a Christian I have nothing to apologise for. For earthly help make sure your GP and other agencies are be on board, if not fight and push for help!