I'm the queen of lettuce

Perdita

Jun 22, 2009
Suffolk, Uk
i went to get mum ready for bed and she whispered she had something to tell me but to get closer. She told me I would end up being the queen of lettuce and I wouldn't have to lift a finger or do anything except smile at people occasionally. I was to keep all this top secret!

I think she got the lettuce bit because I tried to get her to eat quiche and salad tonight and she spat the lettuce out because she forgets food and how it feels in her mouth- I was trying to tell her the old honeymoon salad joke (lettuce alone) but she'd forgotten it and didn't get it.

It was lovely to have a joke and a laugh with her tonight as she's usually cross by bed time.

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
i went to get mum ready for bed and she whispered she had something to tell me but to get closer. She told me I would end up being the queen of lettuce and I wouldn't have to lift a finger or do anything except smile at people occasionally. I was to keep all this top secret!

I think she got the lettuce bit because I tried to get her to eat quiche and salad tonight and she spat the lettuce out because she forgets food and how it feels in her mouth- I was trying to tell her the old honeymoon salad joke (lettuce alone) but she'd forgotten it and didn't get it.

It was lovely to have a joke and a laugh with her tonight as she's usually cross by bed time.

Aww Perdita, that's lovely, those nice moments are so uplifting aren't they. And how lovely that she sees you as a queen in waiting! Hope we're all invited to your coronation!:D

Pottingshed50

Apr 8, 2012
Your post certainly made me chuckle. Queen of Lettuce. Sounds rather grand doesnt it. Give your Mum a big cuddle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konnifel