I'm the queen of lettuce

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Perdita, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Perdita

Perdita Registered User

Jun 22, 2009
    Suffolk, Uk
    i went to get mum ready for bed and she whispered she had something to tell me but to get closer. She told me I would end up being the queen of lettuce and I wouldn't have to lift a finger or do anything except smile at people occasionally. I was to keep all this top secret!

I think she got the lettuce bit because I tried to get her to eat quiche and salad tonight and she spat the lettuce out because she forgets food and how it feels in her mouth- I was trying to tell her the old honeymoon salad joke (lettuce alone) but she'd forgotten it and didn't get it.

It was lovely to have a joke and a laugh with her tonight as she's usually cross by bed time.

2. Essie

Essie Registered User

Feb 11, 2015

Aww Perdita, that's lovely, those nice moments are so uplifting aren't they. And how lovely that she sees you as a queen in waiting! Hope we're all invited to your coronation!:D

3. Pottingshed50

Pottingshed50 Registered User

Apr 8, 2012
    Your post certainly made me chuckle. Queen of Lettuce. Sounds rather grand doesnt it. Give your Mum a big cuddle.

4. Summerheather

Summerheather Registered User

Feb 22, 2015
  5. Delphie

Delphie Registered User

Dec 14, 2011
  6. Dazmum

Dazmum Registered User

The title of your thread has made me smile every time I've seen it today, your majesty :D

7. susy

susy Registered User

Jul 29, 2013
    North East
    How lovely. A magical moment. So glad you shared, certainly put a smile on my face xxx

8. Perdita

Perdita Registered User

Jun 22, 2009
    Suffolk, Uk
    Thanks all- today normal service has been resumed and she hates me again :( oh well never mind :)

9. Dazmum

Dazmum Registered User

Queen for just a day then, Perdita :(

10. Perdita

Perdita Registered User

Jun 22, 2009
    Suffolk, Uk
    Looks like it Dazmum, knew it was too good to last :D Mind you, she told me tonight that I couldn't help being like I am :eek: