'I'm still standing - yeah, yeah, yeah'

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by sammyb, Sep 27, 2008.

1. sammyb

sammyb Registered User

Sep 19, 2007
    Nottingham
    Hallo Everyone. I have just passed a full calendar month since my laddo died. My head has been in some of the darkest of places and I didn't know such sadness was even possible. But I am still standing - taking an hour at a time. Days are just about OK but the evenings and nights are horrible. I am back at work although sometimes I dash home when I need to have a good blub. Last weekend I went for one night in a hotel with my brother and his wife and my little dog 'Jack'. I was amazed I managed it. I am having some decorating and recarpeting done and, much as I thought I needed to clear some of my laddo's stuff out, mine seems to be the greater clutter! I have found a wonderful book for those who have lost a partner and in that book is an excellent website

www.merrywidow.me.uk

which has a discussion forum just like this - except it deals with losing a partner.

Love from Sammyb

2. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Sammy

Wonderful to hear you sounding so positive. Of course you're still standing I expected nothing else!:)

Take it easy, expect the bad days, they're normal, but keep on standing!

Stay in touch,

Love,

3. lesmisralbles

lesmisralbles Account Closed

Nov 23, 2007
    Dear Sammy

Still standing. We are so glad to hear that:)
    We send our love X
    Barb & Ron XXXX

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello Sammy

You are always so positive. It`s good to know you are still standing.
    Take care xx

5. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear Sammy, thank you for sharing your recent time with us.

Well that is the way forward, although some hours will seem darker than others I guess.

Stay strong. Sending love'hugs.

6. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Sammy,

Just sending you lots of love.

Love from
    Christine

7. Cliff

Cliff Registered User

Jun 29, 2007
    North Wales
    Dear Sammy,

It isn't easy is it ?

We keep busy but.........

It hits you when you're alone in the car and you tell yourself to control it. And when someone says something nice. And ......

I suppose we all develop some way of coping, but it's taking time - and you sound the same. Maybe 3 months, 6 months, I don't know.

With love,

8. sammyb

sammyb Registered User

Sep 19, 2007
    Nottingham
    Too true Cliff. It is people being nice - the flowers and cards are still coming. And then there are the well meant comments like, 'It was for the best wasn't it?' and 'I bet this has changed your retirement plans?' Just a bit!!!

Love from Sammyb

9. twinone

twinone Registered User

May 19, 2008
    england
    Hi Sammy

Hope your night away was okay with your brother and family.

I have been on the website that you spoke about and found that nearly everyone goes through the same feelings.

I also hate the comment 'perhaps it was for the best'. How do they know unless it has happened to them.

Hope you are okay and managing to cope at the moment.

Lots of love
    Janet