I'm sorry..I am in a bad place

Fhvn

May 21, 2014
Northumberland
I can't thank you all enough for your support and some great ideas.
It has been a quiet day, not a mention of the missing stuff I had to get back. Interestingly, he has been in bed most of the day, not dressed, and resting a lot. I almost wonder, with the suddenness of it all and the aftermath, if it isn't something like a TIA. Maybe that is just wishful thinking that it isn't directly part of the AD. He is his childlike self, but I am shattered. A good night's sleep will go along way.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Fhvn

May 21, 2014
Northumberland
We both went to bed about 8pm last night and had a good sleep, though I realised that he is awake a lot in the night. Luckily for me he doesn't decide to get up and wander around. He dozes off and on and naps throughout the day. Seems ok today. I spoke to a nurse this morning and described the episode of the other day and she also suggested TIA. I look forward to seeing the GP on Tuesday.
Thanks so much for your concern, especially Lyn, when you have so much to worry about yourself. It is really appreciated.

tomgee3425

Feb 3, 2014
Negombo Sri Lanka
Thanks so much everyone...it is really appreciated.
He calmed down enough to stop fighting sleep, but I could tell it was the kind of sleep that wasn't really deep. Not up yet, but we'll see what the day brings. I have made an appointment with the GP for Tuesday.
There are those times of agitation where I am not bothered at all and try to calm, but this wasn't one of those, probably because it was directed t me. I was and am so upset and worried, I did not sleep at all. When he gets obsessed like that it is surprising how much he remembers, though it was blown out of all rational sense. Oddly, his speech which usually deteriorates by evening into gibberish was absolutely normal last night.
Problem is, it was my fault. Had I not said we live here and just gone along with it being a holiday place it wouldn't have blown up. For some reason I thought I was being reassuring telling him this was his home and once said I couldn't change the story, as he remembered. Someday I might just get this right.

By the way, hijacking my own thread, husband often talks of "the others" asking where they are. When I said they're not here right now, he then wants to wait for them. Any suggestions.
I find I have to tell little white lies as my wife becomes agitated especially at night. She also talks of other people in the room which is in fact the television so I offer to turn it off. I have had to lock the door as she wanders. You say someday you might get it right but don't beat yourself up. It' the disease not you! Hang in there:)

Fhvn

May 21, 2014
Northumberland
Got to the GP today, some bit of UTI, antibiotics given for a week.
Unfortunately another "episode" very similar to the others started at mid day, but has now calmed down thanks to some Calms and Andre Rieu. This time I agreed and went along with him...result was anger that I had somehow bought two houses and where were we getting the money to pay for them. I find he doesn't frame questions in a way that you can easily agree, he wants explanations.

Fhvn

May 21, 2014
Northumberland
Poor guy, allergic reaction to the antibiotics, though they seemed to be working. Then he had a fall in the house and has cracked a rib. New antibiotics tomorrow and dosed with codeine. Really feel for him.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Sorry to hear of all your problems. Cracked ribs are all you need now and they must be very painful for him.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Teanosugar

Apr 28, 2012
Stockport
I have been here and its awful

Thanks so much everyone...it is really appreciated.
He calmed down enough to stop fighting sleep, but I could tell it was the kind of sleep that wasn't really deep. Not up yet, but we'll see what the day brings. I have made an appointment with the GP for Tuesday.
There are those times of agitation where I am not bothered at all and try to calm, but this wasn't one of those, probably because it was directed t me. I was and am so upset and worried, I did not sleep at all. When he gets obsessed like that it is surprising how much he remembers, though it was blown out of all rational sense. Oddly, his speech which usually deteriorates by evening into gibberish was absolutely normal last night.
Problem is, it was my fault. Had I not said we live here and just gone along with it being a holiday place it wouldn't have blown up. For some reason I thought I was being reassuring telling him this was his home and once said I couldn't change the story, as he remembered. Someday I might just get this right.

By the way, hijacking my own thread, husband often talks of "the others" asking where they are. When I said they're not here right now, he then wants to wait for them. Any suggestions.

I would suggest you demand a CPN through your GP and get into the system. Request a social worker also, only then can you start to get some help. Sorry to say this, but these episodes will keep happening and get worse eventually. Until you ask for help, and it is not giving up, it is doing the best for your husband who needs more help than you can give him now, they will let you struggle on. I came to a crisis point, had CPN, had social worker, was in the system and I was struggling badly (only child). I had a melt down myself, could not stop crying, had spent 37 hours straight dealing with another episode and I rang the duty officer at Town Hall, a blubbering wreck and said I could not cope any more. I was covered in psoriasis, losing wages for time off work and had no life to call my own as summoned at all hours to try to sort out another situation. They sent out an emergency duty social worker and CPN nurse that day (a weekend) and whilst assessing dad he fell again. They organised emergency respite to assess him further that day. From then on dad was assessed to be much further on in his dementia than they realised (seems me keep telling them was not enough!). Dad was offered a place then in an EMI unit, where he lives to this day, with dementia getting worse.

You have to get some help, if you collapse where will your husband be then? At least with some support you can get out a bit, have some respite, make yourself stronger to deal with the situations which will keep arising. It is not giving up, it is doing what is best for everyone. My psoriasis cleared up within weeks, I felt stronger and able to cope thus support my dad better. You need to be strong and make some demands, do not let them fob you off.

Dementia is horrible, it destroys the lives of everybody involved, but you can cope with help. Good luck.