I'm so stressed. I need help. plus intro.

mommabearmik

Jan 10, 2015
For those who don't know me. My fiance and I live with his family friends (I just call them grandparents.) We have a 1 year old. I feel like he doesn't want to take care of grandma but he won't take her to a home.

-She's 80 pounds now.

-Her mouth smells rotten because her dentures are never clean.

-she doesn't know anyone's name

-She's starting to hallucinate

-she can't go to the bathroom. She has depends and gets feces everywhere in the house

-my grandpa is president of the township and doesn't take care of her. He leaves her with me so I can watch her and my 1 year old.

-she had an accident in her depends and he washed her off in the bathtub. There is feces all over the tub and on our stuff.

-she hasn't been to the doctor in years. He's just letting it run its course.

But the worst part is, he ignores it.

Basically I feel like she really needs help but I don't think he'd ever take her to a home. I'm just at a loss. I'm really blank but something needs to be done.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh, I really feel for you. You and your grandpa so need extra help, but it sounds like your grandpa just has his head in the sand. :(

I remember from your other post that you live in America, so Im afraid I dont know what is available there, or how to access it. I couldnt just read and run, though, even though all I can offer is a big, fat, virtual (((hug)))

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Hi Mammabearmik,

I come from America, moved to the UK about 5 years ago. What you are describing sounds like Elder Abuse and it's not OK. Below is a link to the website where you can get numbers for reporting. You can also find more local contacts by researching "Elder Abuse". If you are not from the US, let us know where you are, so we can help you find some help.

http://www.ncea.aoa.gov/Stop_Abuse/Get_Help/index.aspx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew