I'M OFF TO NORTH WALES> To get my trainers cert.

Louise

Dec 19, 2004
PEMBROKESHIRE
Dear all,
i,m coming out to talk about the one subject i have found so very difficult to! I have been a care worker for the last 5yrs and i love my work. I' m about to embark on the final chapter of my qualifications to be a trainer.
I have spent the last four weeks putting together a 10 minute presentation of my own choice, which i will be assessed on. I have called my topic of interest 'ROSES HAVE THORNS'. Yes its about Alzheimers, i'm very nervous about it, because, i still feel very emotional about my mums passing, but, i do feel if i can get across the outstandingly high amount of people that are suffering with this, i will have achieved something for all of us and our loved ones.
Just to make people more aware and be able to understand the severity of this cruel disease. I think that if i can do this, and help those who are caring for people with Alzheimers, hopefully it will make a difference. I do intend to write a book one day!! It will be about all of us and our loved ones!!!!!!!!!!!! not just me.
I am going to give out this web address. Contact is so important, don't you think?
I won't be online now till i get back in a weeks time, i look forward to your thoughts on this, so, to all of you, take care, lots a love louise xxx

C

Chesca

Hi, Louise Good luck, although doubt you'll need it. Presentations are scary at the best of times I know, but just think what you'll have sitting on your shoulders, around your head, like a halo - all of us shoring you up as you speak for us and our loved sufferers of AD. Go sing our song loudly. Look to the very back of the room, there's always a little light at these things, and the little light will be us.

You'll do fine, sure. You're who we all need in our lives, a carer who knows..........And don't forget to tell us how you get on.

Take care
Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Louise, oh well done you! I do hope it goes well, presentations are a nightmare. Just take a deep breath and think to yourself, "I can do this, I am doing this for my Mum and all the others" , you will do it wonderfully I am sure. Please let us know how it goes.We will all be sending you lots of strength and some calming thoughts, so you will be able to absolutely floor them with your knowledge of it all. Love She. XX

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Louise

best of luck and do let us know how your presentation goes! Are you doing it using a computer, or with overheads, or slides?

My own presentations always seemed to contain an element of the unexpected. I could never do a presentation that someone else had written because I never keep to scripts. I always made mine quirky [quirky= normal to me...].

The last major presentation I made was at a conference in Miami, before a couple of hundred people. Just before I started, and before there was any audience, someone walked in and stole all the presentation equipment. I thought he was 'official' and even offered to hold the door open for him.

Main thing is to enjoy it if you can, make a personal link with the audience.

Last edited:

Louise

Dec 19, 2004
PEMBROKESHIRE
Dear chesca, sheila, brucie and all,
I'm back, and as soon as i got back it was straight into work, so i haven't had a chance to reply. I read your replys before i went and even printed a copy of them to take with me, they gave me that little bit more confidence i needed to acheive my objective, thankyou so much for your calming thoughts, and your words of support they made such a difference.
Brucie i didn't use any overheads or powerpoint to do my first 10 minute presentation, it was more of a story, an experience, which had, i had longer would then have gone on to more visual aids and factual information.
All in all it went fantasticly, i am wondering if you would like me to put my writing up on the forum for more of you to see, what do you think? I await your reply.
Just to let you know, i am now a qualified professional Trainer, i managed to pass the course with a credit, so as you can imagine i'm feeling on top of the world right now. This is something i have wanted to do for a very long time, i just haven't had the time until now.

Love to you all Louise xxx

C

Chesca

Dear qualified, professional Trainer, Looloo!

Wow! Marvellous news! Hope you are feeling really good after your hard work. So glad you let us know the outcome.

Regardless of the fact that I have no input, I am so proud of what you have done, of course, because you will be going on with an understanding gained first hand and also from others with whom you have shared your experiences and who have shared their own experiences.

Go get 'em girl. We need you, train 'em well. I'm sure you will. In the meantime, a glass or two of something fizzy? Cheers! (thank god you brought a celebration, nobody's birthday as far as I can see today, so needed an excuse! Slurp!).

I would love to see your writing on the Forum? Why d'ya feel you have to ask? I'm sure others would too.

Love and congratulations
Chesca

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Louise, well done that girl! 'Course we want to see it, want to know all about it, and you got a credit too, well done you, I am so pleased for you. Am now going to join Ches in a celebratory drink! Love She. XX