I'm not sure I can deal with anything else

yorkshirerosie

Jul 14, 2010
cheshire
I've just received a call from the ch. mum who has shown no violence previously but has been very angry since we moved her into the ch has tried to strangle another lady. The ch have called a gp but what happens next?
She has gone down hill since being in the home and looks like a completely different person as she just looks so angry and evil almost. She is very unhappy with me and threatening to hurt or kill herself .
I hoped once she was in the care home it would leave me free to concerntrate on my family (3 young children one with a disability) .
I don't know what to expect now, please prepare me

Lancashirelady

Oct 7, 2014
You poor thing. Can't give you any advice I'm afraid. My mum only went to a CH as a day placement - all of two visits and got very stroppy - and I live in fear that she might end up like your Mum seems to be if she went full time. All I can give is hugs and hopes that things improve soon.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Mum was violent to another resident and bit a member of staff but they were very good and just monitored the situation.

Mum was angry too but she's given that up now.

They may do the same with your mum

AnoviceinN1

Feb 27, 2014
I am very sorry to read this. I am afraid that exactly the same thing happened with my uncle. The outcome was that he was sectioned and spent several months in a psychiatric ward and was subsequently moved to an EMI nursing home. So far, touch wood, he has been ok there.
I would add that we, his family, were all horrified and deeply concerned when he was sectioned, but, in fact, this turned out to be a very good thing - even though the other patients in his ward were at much more advanced stages, so that he had no-one to talk to and he was there a long time, while waiting for a place in our top-choice CH to become available. However, the staff were outstanding: very kind to him and to us and they finally got him on the right mix of medications, so that he was able to leave.
So, I would say that, if your mum is sectioned, please don't look on this as the end of the world, it may result in her getting new, additional treatment she needs.

yorkshirerosie

Jul 14, 2010
cheshire
mum is emi residential atm and I have been requesting that they re assess her meds as I thought it cruel to allow her to be so distressed to the point that she is threatening to harm herself when there is medication available which could reduce the anxiety levels greatly but this was refused.
I've just been told by my brother that she was punched in the stomach last week by another resident so I don't even know if this is a case of retaliation but it doesnt make much difference I suppose.
I am due to meet with the support worker for the 6wk review at the end of the week so I'm not sure what to expect or what I should be asking them but can she be "kicked out" if they don't feel they can cope ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sillymom23