I'm new to this

Raz

Sep 22, 2014
Hello I have never used a chat room but thought it might be worth giving it a try. I care for my husband who has Altzhiemers. I have been aware of symptoms for the last five years but he was not diagnosed until last November

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Hello Raz and welcome.

I think you will find lots of support, advice and some laughs too, here on TP. Are you managing to cope ok with caring for your husband? It is very exhausting, I know, from what everyone on the forum says. My mum was in a care home, so not so difficult for me in many ways.

Raz

Sep 22, 2014
Hello Raz and welcome.

I think you will find lots of support, advice and some laughs too, here on TP. Are you managing to cope ok with caring for your husband? It is very exhausting, I know, from what everyone on the forum says. My mum was in a care home, so not so difficult for me in many ways.

Thank you for answering. At the moment I seem to be coping ok thank you. It was much harder for me when I didn't have a diagnoses. But now I know I have done some reading and attending Caring for Dementia with Confidence course offered by Suffolk family carers so now have a few skills to help me through, the early stages, anyway.

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
I am sorry this has hit you at a young age. Do you have children? Are they school age still? How are they coping if that is the case and have you had advice on this if that is the case.
I had never contemplated going on a forum before coming here, but the beauty of it is that you learn so much by reading others' experience. It is comforting to read about happenings and realise you are not lone and that it is in fact associated with a demntia. Also all sorts of practical tips come up that you possibly might not need now but that you will be grateful for in the future maybe. Many minds better than one.
I wish you both long happy times together and that the worst ravages of this disease stay at bay for you a s long as possible. Make the most of every day that you can!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hazel 53