I'm new....I just wanted to say "Hi"

usalori

Mar 31, 2008
Ohio USA
Hi Silver, and welcome...I felt the exact same way when I found this site yesterday.

But you know what they say, better late than never! Thank goodness we both managed to stumble across this site.

Lori

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Silvergoblin and Lori,
Welcome to Talking Point. We are all in the same boat and share the bad with any good news we can.
Advice when needed and so much support.
Best wishes
Christine

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Silvergoblin

Welcome to TP. I hope you'll find lots of support here. Just post and tell us about yourself.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Silvergoblin and Lori,

Welcome to Talking Point [TP] I hope you find the support you need here. I`m sure you will.

Love xx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Silvergoblin

I felt that way too when I found the site. I really could have done with it to help me with my conflicting emotions in the early part of the illness.

Now everyone is really helping me get through the final weeks.

Happy to "meet" you

Mameeskye

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hi Silvergoblin

I've only just joined too. Well last week but what a week it has been. I've been gobsmacked by this site and am absolutely amazed at how helpful it is to me. I now have the opportunity to think about myself, express myself and make contact with others who are trying to deal with similar situations.It certainly has made me more aware of just how conflicting my emotions are. You said your father has alzheimer and I wonder where you are on this journey. My husband has a dementia of the fronto temperal lobe and he has lost the ability to speak so that others understand him. This is putting it simply because it involves so many other things as well but we are still able to have good and normal days. However, I have also just realised that our "normal" days are not at all normal to others. I see people looking at me and it seems they're thinking "how on earth does she cope?" I feel like screaming that this is nothing, that Alan would probably be a lot better if you would just try to understand what he's saying.

Anyway Silvergoblin, welcome from me. Helen

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
HI both of you, welcome to the site. You will find lots of sensible advice if you need it, but more importantly lots of emotional support.

Love to you both.

Love Margaret