I'm new here

Lisaselby

Jan 2, 2020
My mum who will be 66 on January the 26th she has dementia shes had it since she was 58 I'm 28 years old and now she is comeing more frail I'm really struggling she lives in a care home and I just dont no how to cope

The daughter

Jan 16, 2011
norwich
This is a great forum for advice and support. Has helped me. My mother had Alzheimer’s for 10 years. She died 18 months ago. I’m currently for fundraising for Alzheimer’s Org

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
My mum who will be 66 on January the 26th she has dementia shes had it since she was 58 I'm 28 years old and now she is comeing more frail I'm really struggling she lives in a care home and I just dont no how to cope

I feel your pain @Lisaselby , I'm 34 and my dad is also in a care home. Despite not physically caring for him I find it all very stressful. In the past year I've had a number of stressful situations all pile up and a few weeks ago I self-referred myself to mental health, and I'm going on a coping with stress course next month. I'd advise you to seek help if you feel you aren't coping - it's less about the amount of stress we have and more about how we cope - or don't - with it. I thought I was doing really well, until I wasn't, if that makes sense.