I'm here again posting about my dad

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
So sorry to be a pain but my dad is driving me to despair I help him to bed at his usual time but 5 minutes after I have left him he his out of bed again either walking across to the bathroom( which is next to our bedroom) just to switch the light on or wander about and each time that he gets out of bed he makes it of a fashion so not only do I have to encourage him to get back in I have to try to undo his making of the bed so that he can at least get in it.. This will go on until about 9am and then he will be sound asleep.. I truly am exhausted.. I know there is no answer just wanted to let off some steam
Xxx

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
This is one area that I find really difficult to cope with, most nights within a few minutes of going to bed my mum is up, no anxiety or confusion, just up wandering around the house, straighten cushions on sofa, messing around in the kitchen. I put her back in bed loads of times before 1am and then it all starts again around 4am. She is going to bed later and later too. Some nights she sleeps through to 7am. Tonight she went to bed at 10pm but has been up about 5 times, going on about what I am watching on tv, so I told her to sit quietly and watch it with me or go to bed, very firm with a raised voice,not the thing to do I know but sometimes ............! So put her back in bed about 10 minutes ago. Its a part of her night time ritual, only wish she would start this at 9pm and it would all be over by midnight.

Weary

Aug 1, 2014
We had the same problem with MIL until the doc prescribed her sleeping pills she then slept like a baby.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
We had the same problem with MIL until the doc prescribed her sleeping pills she then slept like a baby.

All medication to help mum sleep did work for a short time but then started to have strange side effects. Even Diazapam which helped the anxiety at bed time, is now not helping and she has only taken 14 in six months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbie1968