I'm exhausted about my husband's incontinence

cosipar

Sep 9, 2016
Sorry I don't know how to put in a new post. I'm exhausted about my husband's incontinence.
He has prostate cancer, PSA level is 34. He's on a medication called Trospium 20 mg one every evening. I change bedsheets 2 or 3 times nightly and his clothing is wet even with two pull ups on.
This is happening for over a month, is this the decline of dementia? While he's awake during the day, he can still goes to the loo by himself.

Thank you.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
It sounds like you're having a really hard time at the moment @cosipar . Incontinence can be due to a dementia decline but that's a huge amount of urine and bearing in mind your husband's prostate cancer, and the Trospium - which I understand is for treating urinary incontinence - I think it's best to speak to the GP about what's happening. Has your husband been on the medication long? It might be that taking the tablet in the morning rather than in the evening might help. If you're not already doing so, maybe try reducing his fluid intake during the evening plus there are waterproof sheets/pads that might help (kylie sheets), and the GP can refer you to the incontinence service too who might be able to help.

cosipar

Sep 9, 2016
It sounds like you're having a really hard time at the moment @cosipar . Incontinence can be due to a dementia decline but that's a huge amount of urine and bearing in mind your husband's prostate cancer, and the Trospium - which I understand is for treating urinary incontinence - I think it's best to speak to the GP about what's happening. Has your husband been on the medication long? It might be that taking the tablet in the morning rather than in the evening might help. If you're not already doing so, maybe try reducing his fluid intake during the evening plus there are waterproof sheets/pads that might help (kylie sheets), and the GP can refer you to the incontinence service too who might be able to help.
Thank you for your help.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
have you considered a conveen?
It goes over the penis like a Durex.
Then it collects the urine in a bag.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger