I'm Back

Nel

Mar 24, 2004
warrington
Hi All

I've been away for a while, the intention was to get some respite from Dad's AD, it was a tough decision to make. I moved to Spain to be with my partner who moved out there in January only to find out within two weeks of me being there he had another woman in his life. To say it was a shock is an understatement, as I gave up my whole life over here, added to the stress I have been under for the last 4 years it has left me on the edge of total despair.

On top of all this the nursing home called me to say Dad had deteriorated physically and mentally and had to be moved to a nursing unit where he changing care needs can be met. I returned to England and Dad has now been moved and seems to be settling down in his new environment, although he doesn't know who I am anymore at all. His room is not how I would like it and need to get the care home into gear to sort it out. Dad doesn't notice though, but I on the other hand am struggling big time to cope with every emotion you can think of.

Life's a bitch, and I need cheering up so I'll read the jokes that have been posted!!

Nel

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Nel,

Coming home to the grim old weather and problems isn't so great is it? I always experience several weeks of culture shock until I'm back in the swing of things.

Good luck with settling in again and sorting out problems at the Nursing Home for your father.

Look forward to reading some of your posts here on TP soon.

Very best wishes,

Jude

C

Chesca

Dear Nel

Life is indeed a bitch..... And so, according to some I know, am I. These slanderers are usually those of whom I request that my Mother's nursing home room is as I want it, not as they think it should be to accommodate their H&S, laziness and other irrelevancies of their mindset. The social worker should back you up on this. I was told by mine: remember this is now her home (Ha!) and she or you can arrange it any way you like!

I won't pretend to say how you must be feeling, but I suspect it's pretty bloody and sad. Well, this good ship Dementia is one rusty old tub we're all in together and any time you want a damn good bitchin' sesh, or a fine old hoot, help yourself.

With many best wishes
Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Nel,

I do hope you have a well developed sense of the ridiculous. Some of our posts get seriously out of hand sometimes.

Good luck!

Jude

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katejacko