i'm back

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Well thats respite nearly over. I came back last night and have to pick up hubby tomorrow. I hope i can get back used to getting up at night and also the moods etc. I have to say after two weeks of doing what i want and me time i'm not looking forward to getting him back. How have any others coped ?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Chip

Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed your respite. Let us know how your husband got on in Fife.

Love,

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Good to know you enjoyed your respite. Hope that you find all well at home and feel reinvigorated from your rest. Nell

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Chip
Glad you enjoyed your respite and holiday. It is a thought to take up the reigns again, isn't it?
After a few days it will be routine as normal:rolleyes: but if this respite worked out well, you can look forward to it again.
Alfjess

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Glad to read that you enjoyed your rest

I have to say after two weeks of doing what i want and me time i'm not looking forward to getting him back. How have any others coped ?

I use to feel like that Not looking forward to geting back to the old
Routine , yes looking forward to the next one did help and I even felt that I did not want another one because it show me what I was missing , but I became realistic just got on with it till the next respite and that feeling went away .
How is it going now ?

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
He settled eventualy but they are very good took him out and about. They had to phone the doctor though to up the medication for agitation but they found out it caused as a side effect him not sleeping. They gave me a detailed report to which i am going to pass on to the Day Care hospital. They are also sending a report to the social worker who infact phoned them to say he did not need 1-1 awake care at night yet he was wandering at night and up. They will take him again and told me i should be getting 56days a year respite. I have made another booking although SW does not no yet as i am away then and need to no so now i have to fight SW again to get what i should be getting. They told me SW will go for the cheapest. I told them i do not no and haven't been told how much respite i can get they said that is what they are allowed in Fife.
Well i will find out tonight what he is like hope i can get some sleep.