I'm back !!!!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I am back home after my respite.
I feel so much better and rested,more able to cope.:D
It worked out fine having a live in carer,Peg in her own home,she was very happy and there were only a couple of bits of verbals.
The only weird thing was that Peg was all ready to go down to our caravan which we have not had now for 20 years!!
Another weird one was that we used to go at about 8.0Pm on a friday night,20 years ago.
When I returned home this evening it was about 8.0Pm and of course Friday night.
I wonder what goes on in their confused minds?
Norman:confused:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Norman,
So pleased it worked out, but pleased to see you back too.
Love Helen

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
welcome back norman, glad everything went ok for you and peg,
my mum has also gone back 20 years she still thinks im married to 1st hubby and my oldest son who's 22 is a baby, so confusing!

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Hi Norman,

Welcome home - glad you had a rest and escape from it all for a while.. Now you know the 'live in' carer works you perhaps you can do it more often!

Michael

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Welcome back, Norman

Realise there were inevitably mixed feelings beforehand - so glad it proved to be so good for you (and therefore Peg, too!):)

Love, Karen (TF)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Can I join in & say Welcome back I am also back ant it just a great feeling Afterwards when you get back

am really pleased it work out with care at home Good Forward thinking planning :)

When I went to pick mum up she was so pleased to see me , mum gave really positive remakes with the care she got from the home , am booking 2 weeks in September now for the same home .Any thoughts when your next Respite is going to be Norman ?

PS I wonder as you went on holiday away ,it just brought/ Jog her memories of when you both shared holidays so her past just got confused with her now , so she just wanted to go , her past in her mind is her now (With holidays with you ) confusing to us yes , but not for her

Last edited:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Margarita that is great to hear. So where will you be going in September?
Love Helen

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I know thinking about it I only went to Gibraltar for 5 days:rolleyes: . 7 days without mum .

Its good to be back home :)

Thanks Amy back to Gibraltar for a week & then a week at home with family, even if I don’t get to go to Gibraltar (fingers cross I do ) just staying having to 2 weeks out would be a great stress breakers .

I have work out from friends in Gibraltar that if you book well in advices you have get fights much more cheap, like £100 return or even£ 60 from Luton to Gibraltar with Monarch. I flow back to Luton arrived at 10:40 last night, was a littlie worried on airplane as to how to get back to London as taxi is £70, then I find out that there is a coach that leaves Luton every 15 min after each flight that only cost £10 one way to London Victoria so was really pleased it took an hour, but when you get into London west end at night it is a lovely sight
I Felt like I was sight seeing,
Then we had to wait for night bus to fulham, but got a taxi that only cost £10. As we got in to taxi bus arrived sod law.

I have loads of photo to share with you ounces I find the lead to link camera to lap top, then shall get some prints as we took photo of mum sister grave (not sharing those:eek: ), hope that does not sound morbid,but when mum sister died only in Jan 06 mum did not go over to Gibraltar , but she has good memories of last seeing her when I took her last year for a mouth to Gibraltar.

PS

Oh September 10th in Gibraltar is national day, we celebrate it because in the year 1967 we had a referendum to stay British we all wear red white.

On September 10th 2004 it was 300 years that we had been British ruled , that was one big celebration that sir Elton John came over to do a concert .

So would love to share the celebration , that’s why I want to go over

Last edited:

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Margarita
I found it was mixed feelings going away and coming back.
I do feel refreshed and looking forward to talking to the SW about the next break.
Pegs worrying about the caravan was nothing to do with me being on respite,she didn't know I had been,thought I had been away one day for a meeting in London
Norman

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Amy
coming back hoping Peg would be pleased to see me,hoping that she had been alright whilst I was away.
Some feelings of sadness that I had been away without her,and I suppose a bit of guilt that in between the regrets that she wasn't with me I had had some happy moments.
Never did I not want to come home to Peg.
Norman

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Margarita, warm welcome home, we missed you.

Loved the comment about "feel as though your brain had a shower "(sorry still not mastered quotes). So glad respite worked well for you, and that you are looking forward to your next break.

Those of us who manage to get some time to ourselves (however we manage it) really are the lucky ones.

Lionel was away three weeks because of circumstances - he thought he had only been away for a long weekend.

Then he remarked "had I gone off to see my boyfriend". Seems now I have gone from being a 'shoplifter' to an 'adulterer'. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife